Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Ideas for short stumps????

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello all.. I want to see if I can get some ideas on what to do with short stumps. By short stumps I mean 16-20"tall and about the same in diameter.I have a few of these laying around and would like to use them for something tiki related but haven't thought up a really good idea yet other than a sea turtle. Any ideas???

pictures help.

Too short for a full tiki, just do tiki heads.

The one on the right is pretty close except the one i have is a little closer to being as big around as it is tall...much like my ex... I can carve a tiki head into as 4wdtiki said, and that is probably what I might do. I was just wondering what you more experienced carvers would do or not do with a log like this.

[ Edited by: RyVanTiki 2015-04-24 23:06 ]

That is Awesome WillCarve!!! I love the expression on this little guy. Would this type carving be considered a tiki, or does it serve a different meaning in Polynesian art? I ask because I'm learning still and would like to know the whys and hows of things. I'm sure the BOT has some info on this but copy didn't arrive yesterday, I'm hoping it'll come today. I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on that book

You might try carving one of these low profile Marquesas tikis.

On 2015-04-25 07:39, MaukaHale wrote:
You might try carving one of these low profile Marquesas tikis.

I really like that!!

A
amate posted on Sun, Apr 26, 2015 6:46 AM

I like that chubby Marq! Carve one up for us...I may just have to "borrow" that design myself. :)

Pages: 1 9 replies