Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A "new" "Tiki" garment?

Pages: 1 4 replies

HJ

Over the past years, as a part time kilt wearer, 'have become aware of and happily acquired a few "utility kilts."

Solid colour (or camo patterns) non-wool fabric (cotton, ripstop, polyester are out there), non-standard pleating, pockets (including cargo types on some models) and WAY comfortable (like stupid-comfortable) as an alternative to chinos or shorts.

A "civilized" very manly pareo to wear in lieu of cargo shorts.

A bunch of makers produce / sell them, from 5.11 Tactical (military-police model with gobs of pockets), Utilikilt (several models) and even REI the athletic clothes company has a hiking model. Anywhere from about $40-250. Personal fave is the $70 5.11 Tactical.

Any of you other manly Tiki Centralites tried / interested in "something a little bit different" and getting some more air circulation air "down south"?

[ Edited by: Haole Jim 2015-05-03 07:30 ]

[ Edited by: Haole Jim 2015-05-03 07:33 ]

I would personally enjoy spending an inordinate amount of time wearing a Polynesian-inspired, kilt-equivalent garment like the ones on Andy's etsy site. What's sarong with that?

:)

On 2015-05-04 14:33, Sunny&Rummy wrote:
I would personally enjoy spending an inordinate amount of time wearing a Polynesian-inspired, kilt-equivalent garment like the ones on Andy's etsy site. What's sarong with that?

Some of us, uhh, need "support," hahahahaha! :P

(I couldn't resist!)

I purchased one of Andy's Utili-lavalavas a couple of years ago and have been very happy it with on the occasions I have had to wear it. Now as those events seem to be happening more often, perhaps it is time to pick up another.

Pages: 1 4 replies