Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco Tahitian Lovers for sale

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hello all! I've got an awesome Witco here for sale, located in Pensacola, Florida. I really don't want to ship it, it's huge, but will if the price is right. How about some offers?

Geeze, I'm surprised there's no interest for this cool Witco here...I thought for sure you guys would love it.
Well, it's on eBay now if anyone wants it.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151677115242

CJ

very cool! I have the same without the frame. I hope you get good money

Thanks Coco Joe! Me too!

Sold for $225!

One of the reasons you didn't get much response
was the original backing was replaced with that fabric
shown in your photo, so it was not in original condition
you got a "very good" price for it considering that.

Edit: I see the sale didn't go thru & you have re-listed it at $400
you should change the description on eBay mentioning it is not the original backing.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-06-04 17:02 ]

ATP that is original Witco fabric believe it or not. I've got a handful of pieces that have it.

I lowered the price quite a few times, as it was relisted on EBay. I really wasn't sure what to charge for it, but it did sell yesterday, so I'm happy. As for the fabric, I've seen a couple examples with the same pattern, and even found an old ad showing this particular piece...

On 2015-06-04 17:32, happy buddha wrote:
ATP that is original Witco fabric believe it or not. I've got a handful of pieces that have it.

The piece pictured has one of the worst fabric applications I have seen on commercially sold
decor (other than do it your-self jobs), but since I have not seen many "Tahitian Lovers", is this the same lack of quality
that anyone else here, has with this piece?

Happy buddha knows his stuff, so I will differ to his knowing more then I, on the subject
and retract my opinion.

I am the girl who bought the Tahitian lovers piece of this seller!! I am so in love with it, I was surprised to see all of the debating on this beautiful piece.

Well Beauty is in the eye, right?

Sincerely,
The Happy Beholder

I've got one on my wall :wink: I know a few others on here do as well.

Witco tends to be the epitome of 'beauty in the eye of the beholder'.

So true, Happy Buddha, so true!

i got a pair of shelves with the same fabric backing and hala kahiki has a couple of carved hangings like that with the same fabric background

Likewise...

We have the companion single-panel figures to this piece in our hallway with the same fabric - definitely original.

You can kinda see 'em on the wall in this crappy pic with our lil' dog Wilma and the mega Witco floor lamp we picked up in Wisconsin last year blocking the view a bit...

--Pete

Pages: 1 13 replies