Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Robair's Dwink - Navy Grog Drink Mix

Pages: 1 3 replies

Has anyone ever heard of this product: Robair's Dwink - a, presumably, powdered Navy Grog mix?

There's a listing for it on eBay that only describes it thusly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141657503710

Vintage Robair’s Dwink Navy Grog Tiki Bar Cocktail Drink Mix Hula Girl. This super cool vintage product has amazing graphics on the drink envelopes. Including a Hula Girl, a Cocktail, Flowers and Directions on the backs. Circa 1950s – 1960s. The box is 5 ¼” tall and a little over 2 ½” across. It contains five unused drink mixes (it came with six originally.)

The packaging promises:
"Mixed with a master's touch!"
and
"Made with real fruit juices and other authentic ingredients"

I'm very mildly inclined to try it!

Photos from the listing:

Reminds me of the "Master's Mixes" that my dad used to have in the early '70s. The box originally came with 6 envelopes, has 5 left....must not have been too good since the original purchaser drank one and never touched it again.

howlinowl

That's exactly what I was thinking howlinowl: if 5 of 6 are left, it MUST be awful.
Nonetheless, I've placed a bid. If I end up getting it, maybe I can host a tasting party? :wink:

I guess I should not also place a competing bid. No reason to drive up the price. :)I like the package design, but I just know the cocktail is going to be awful. Interesting* that they mention you can mix it with rum or vodka.

Kevin

*unfortunate

Pages: 1 3 replies