Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

50 Year Old Tiki Painting

Pages: 1 17 replies

26" x 42" + frame oil on canvas

Robert Walter '53 Ayone know about the artist?

Mahalo

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2003-07-30 13:46 ]

Bongo, that's a very cool painting. Where did you find it?

Yes, incredible! Where DID you find it?

Aloha......found that in Pasadena. There was also a very cool painting of a canoe overflowing with skulls in a swamp with skulls on poles in the water, mostly greens and blues.....did not have enough money for both.....Mrs. Fury liked this one better.

Aloha......found that in Pasadena. There was also a very cool painting of a canoe overflowing with skulls in a swamp with skulls on poles in the water, mostly greens and blues.....did not have enough money for both.....Mrs. Fury liked this one better.

:o Very cool!!! :o

G

beautiful indeed my friends. I'll have to post da one I just got at the Hawaiiana show 2 weeks ago on this post. It's a big painting also. You got a great piece of art.

Still haven't got your guys sketch fo dat project you asked me about.

aloha

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:50 ]

T

Cool indeed B-Fury!

(hey, can the Bongster trade you something for it?)

T

On 2003-07-30 21:09, bongofury wrote:

and when Bongofury described the lost painting, I made this. And now its his!

Filslash.......still don't know who the guy was. Bong.......O.K. .........trade for the mosaic. Tikitony.........when I see the smiling Tiki and the skulls in the background I keep thinking of the line in Mars Attacks....."do not run......we are your friends". I own it......but do not possess it. I got the green. Pick up or delivery?

P

On 2004-10-10 18:58, tikitony wrote:

On 2003-07-30 21:09, bongofury wrote:

and when Bongofury described the lost painting, I made this. And now its his!

Wow! Looks like Dr Seuss goes Tiki!

T

Delivery!.. or I'll be carving Friday, if you wanna come by...
Dr. Seuss, that seems to be the word. I still own my green eggs and ham.... book. Funny thing, I hadn't looked at Dr. Seuss since I was little, then everyone told me my drawings looked like his, so I must have cataloged his drawings in my mind for some timie!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:52 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:28 ]

D

nice bump fil/ ~ i thought i searched for 'walker', but this thread didnt turn up. i'll post a pic of the signature on my velvet, but i'm certain its a different artist.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 19, 2005 6:14 PM

Cool tiki painting!

Here

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:06 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies