Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Partial name

Pages: 1 2 replies

Ok, last time I did this, it turned out to be a hot dog stand....

I was watching the third episode of the first season of "The Rookies" when a ambulance scene came on....and I saw a partial sign for a possible tiki establishment in the background.

In the background you can see a partially obscured sign for "lalaika" and underneith "ian restaurant" (Polynesian Restaurant?). I can't really make out what the mascot or whatever it is to the right.

Here's a bit of a blowup:

Further along the scene, there is a building with "Hollywood Executive Apartments" painted on it.

To try to figure out if it had been posted before in locating tiki, I did a search for hollywood, but didn't come up with anything close.

This is probably a "stock" scene, shot and used in numerous series that probably needed a "ambulance racing down the street scene", I wouldn't bet it being from 1972 (when the first season was produced) but it must have been from there or within a couple of years before.

This is probably nothing, same as the last time ( http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40060&forum=1&hilite=but%20loose ) but I'm still curious.

howlinowl

Nevermind.

After looking around the internet for words that end in "lalaika".....found the work "Balalaika". Russian stringed instrument. and "ian restaurant" is probably "Russian restaurant".....and the logo to the right now does look like a figure holding said instrument.

howlinowl

[ Edited by: howlinowl 2015-05-31 15:58 ]

howlinowl, you got it on the second look
Russian Restaurant.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-05-31 17:58 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies