Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Abby Someone....

Pages: 1 22 replies

Dr. Frankenstein- Igor, Exactly which brain did you bring me?

Igor- You'll be angry with me.

Dr. Frankenstein- I promise I wont be angry with you.

Igor- Are you sure?

Dr. Frankenstein- Yes I am sure. Now tell me who it was.

Igor- I think it was Abby someone.

Dr. Frankenstein- Abby someone?

Igor- Yes... I think it was Abby Normal.

Dr. Frankenstein- You brought me an abnormal brain? Do you realize that I have just put that brain into a 7 foot tall man?

I'm sorry everyone. I just love that exchange in Young Frankenstein the movie. The banter between Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman cracks me up everytime.

Monkeyman

I went to a Black Flag show many moons ago at the Stardust in L.A. with Marty Feldman. If I knew how to post the pic, I'd prove it! (and when I learn how, I'm gonna flood this site with pics!!)

Classic movie!

Wow! What big knockers!!

On 2003-07-30 22:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
Wow! What big knockers!!

ooh, senk you docktor.

The DVD has some deleted scenes that are extra-more-funny stuff, and a commentary track from Mel Brooks that's actually worth listening to.

One of the funniest movies of all time. Top 5 material for sure.

(The other 4? Ummm... Airplane, something by Monty Python, anything 1930's from the Marx Bros, and... I dunno get back to me... you know, I will get flamed for saying this, but I really think 1941 is a hoot)

Destiny,destiny, no escaping, that's for me.

I went as Frau Blucher (ne-e-e-e-e-igh!)once to an Oktoberfest "Come as your favorite Kraut" party. (Yeah, technically she was Austrian, so what...)
I went as Lili Von Shtupp the next year.

Ovaltine, perhaps?

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-07-30 23:56 ]

On 2003-07-30 23:55, purple jade wrote:
I went as Frau Blucher (ne-e-e-e-e-igh!)once to an Oktoberfest "Come as your favorite Kraut" party. (Yeah, technically she was Austrian, so what...)
I went as Lili Von Shtupp the next year.

So you wore a costume one year, and not the other.
:wink:

So you wore a costume one year, and not the other.
:wink:

Oh, ha ha...
Gee, too bad you're not black.

T

Put the candle BACK!

SAID-A-GIVE!!!

S

What hump?

M

No, it's pronounced EYE-gor.

Puhtin on the REEEETZ!

Vy Doktor, that means he vould have an ENORMOUS schwanstücker!

Woof!

T

PUUUUNNNNIIINNNN ONNNNAAAA RIZZZZZ!

(you have no idea how long I agonized over how to spell that)

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2003-07-31 21:55 ]

MEDICAL STUDENT - But look at what's been done with hearts and kidneys!

FRANKENSTEIN - Hearts and kidneys are Tinker Toys! I'm talking about the Central Nervous System.

MEDICAL STUDENT - But, sir...

FRANKENSTEIN - I am a scientist...not a
philosopher! You have more chance of re-animating this scalpel than you have of mending a broken nervous system!

MEDICAL STUDENT - But your grandfather's work, sir...

FRANKENSTEIN - My grandfather's work was Doo-Doo! Dead is Dead! There's only one thing I am interested in... and that is the preservation of LIFE! (JAMS SCALPEL IN THIGH)
Class.....dismissed.

On 2003-07-30 22:29, tikibars wrote:
One of the funniest movies of all time. Top 5 material for sure.
(The other 4? Ummm... anything 1930's from the Marx Bros,

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/marxbros/groucho/grouch14.wav

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/marxbros/groucho/grouch29.wav

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/marxbros/groucho/grouch67.wav

On 2003-07-31 21:09, Frenchy Polynesia wrote:
Vy Doktor, that means he vould have an ENORMOUS schwanstücker!

When i used a .wav of that quote in a college sound editing project all the german exchange students gasped and giggled. I suspect its not very polite.

Yes - VERY not polite.

Glad Sven doesn't read this forum! (tee hee!)

We're all forgetting the very best part of the film - Gene Hackman as the hackneyed old blind guy... "CIGARS!"

I've always had a secret crush on Teri Garr. "How about a roll the hay?" did it for me!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-08-01 19:30 ]

T

On 2003-08-01 19:27, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I've always had a secret crush on Teri Garr.

Joey, I am with you, kahuna.

She falls very firmly into that category of gals who are sort of plain-Janes on the surface, but who have an inexplicable but undeniably powerful underlying sex apppeal. She was SO hot in Young Frankenstein, but in a very subtle way that modern bimbos like Pam Anderson or someone like that can't even begin to touch.

...that said, she went into housewife mode for Close Encounters, and sort of lost it all... but I can't help but to have some empathy for her retro 60's chick character in After Hours, with her beehive hairdo, her 100 cans of Aqua Net on the shelf, and her frustrated outburst to the effect of "I know people think this is all silly, I know people laugh at me, but this is who I am". I suspect that a lot people on this message board can relate to that - perhaps her character even hung out at some Tiki Bars, maybe the Hawaii Kai, or the Hawaiian Room in the Lexingotn, or Trader Vic's in the Plaza or the Savoy.

Oaky, time to stop posting drunk.

Roll in Z Hay

Pardon me boy, is this the Transylvania station?

Ya, Ya. Track 29. Can I give you a shine?

Igor:uses cane while hunched over"Walk this way"....

:D

One of my favorite movies of all time!
Right up there with "The Thin Man" movies, and "Murder By Death","Harold and Maude"

Pages: 1 22 replies