Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Mount Gay Tricentennial for sale

Pages: 1 0 replies

Hi all,

See this craigslist ad - selling a bottle of Mount Gay Tricentennial I just found in my closet!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/for/5060515404.html

A very rare bottle of Mount Gay Tricentennial Selection for sale. They only made 3,000 of these in 2003, and now they're impossible to find. Except today, I found one in my closet! A friend who used to work for a high-end liquor distributor left this in my apartment when he moved across the country ten years ago, and I completely forgot about it. Today, cleaning out some old junk, I found it! I tossed the box, not knowing what I had on my hands, but once I discovered how rare it is, I decided it's too rich for my blood! Still completely sealed, as the photos show. Email for inquiries.

From the manufacturer:

Packaged in a specially designed decanter, this limited-edition blend of Mount Gay Distillery's oldest & finest stocks is a memento of Mount Gay Rum's first three hundred years. This edition is limited to 3000 bottles worldwide. The very special blend is composed of rums coming from 3 exceptional vintages - 1969, 1974, and 1976 Appearance Its deep amber colour is its reward after years of maturation in toasted oak. Once awakened by the swirling of the glass, the dark golden liquid makes its return trip, down the side of the vessel with coarse long "legs", revealing its high viscosity; again the result of perfect extraction of the vital ingredients of the barrel over years of paitient rest. Aroma Rich notes of smoked American White Oak, with aromatic barrel tonalities of vanilla, bitter almond, light spices and nutes in a complex but well-balanced combination of fruity elements; notably the full-bodies fragrance of prune, the light tartness of tamarind and the sweetness of banana and apricot. Taste Blended using the time-honoured formula of Eclipse, this product, with its full-bodied, almost syrupy texture brought about by extensive aging, possesses a rich intensity of smoked notes, oak character, bitter almond and a sweet, fruity character which are the hallmarks of a long and worthwhile contact with wood as some rums in the blend dating as far back as 1969.
Alcoholic Content - 43%

[ Edited by: nuevovedado 2015-06-05 18:21 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies