Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mai Tai at Savoy Cocktail Book

Pages: 1 3 replies

C

Hi Tiki friends :)

i would like to know if anyone knows why appears this tiki cocktail in Savoy cocktail book (1930). I suppose Mai Tai is from 1944. is it right?

Also, we can find PiƱa Colada. Does anyone know about it?

Thank you

Cabachi, please check which version of the Savoy Cocktail Book you have. The Savoy Cocktail Book was updated a number of times and re-published. This is a possible explanation for an apparent paradox of having a newer cocktail included in a version of the book which is assumed to be an earlier version.

C

Thank you. Few days ago i asked to Beach Bum and he told me the same. Thank you very much.

On 2015-06-15 11:37, AceExplorer wrote:
Cabachi, please check which version of the Savoy Cocktail Book you have. The Savoy Cocktail Book was updated a number of times and re-published. This is a possible explanation for an apparent paradox of having a newer cocktail included in a version of the book which is assumed to be an earlier version.

Cabachi, glad you found your answer about the Mai Tai.

The Savoy Cocktail Book is a good resource. It sheds light on an interesting observation -- that a good cocktail does not necessarily require many ingredients. There are some simple yet elegant cocktails in that book.

Pages: 1 3 replies