Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Witco tiki bar $1500

Pages: 1 6 replies

This is my prize possession but times are tuff so I must part with it. This 4 stool tiki bar is worth over 3k and is dated back to the 50's and Witco was and still isvery popular. I have restored this piece of art and hate to sell it but have to. I'm firm on the price since I'd rather not sell it anyway but I'm sure some tiki lover will see it.

T

Where are you located? And can you take pics of the backside of the bar? Thank you!

Hmm you've had your 'prized possession' exactly long enough for us to tell you how to restore it, then try to flip it back to us twice by calling it Witco. Even though your story of its origins prove that it's not Witco at all. And where are you getting that it's worth 'over 3k'?

It's a great bar, but damn how about some truth in advertising?

happy buddha, you said it.

I have called this shit out in the past, but since so many of you ganged up on me for doing so
I spent the last year helping these first posters whom actually turn out to be disingenuous resellers
just as I first suspect, I wanted to see if taking a positive approach would have a better outcome
but guess what? the facts prove otherwise.

It is human nature to take advantage of those willing to give time, help & more.

I have to say that most (and I mean most!) of these type of posts are solely for financial gain
and not so much from people truly interested in the history that many of us cherish

I find this distasteful myself as it is a readily accepted form of greed today, sadly I have found myself in the minority
I guess my values are not shared by modern society anymore.

Oh, Atomic, please don't give up on us newbies! I promise that some of us have no ulterior, profit-based motives. The historian and genealogist in me agrees with you completely. I've been in love with tiki culture since I was tiny, but I'm just now making significant space for it in my home and in my life. And I really appreciate and value the advice you & everyone here has to offer.

Kona, I can assure you I fully support anyone whom
has a real interest in Tiki culture & history :)

:D

Pages: 1 6 replies