Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I need high quality tiki images.

Pages: 1 3 replies

Any idea where I can get a downloadable high quality image so I can reproduce that image and make a vinyl wrap to cover a 50's refrigerator so it will match my tiki bar theme.

All the one's I've found so far are lame but images by rietveld or bigtoe are very cool and what im looking for.

Thanks.

You're welcome to any on my thread if they meet your needs.

Both Rietveld and Bigtoe images are very detailed. To wrap your refrigerator, you will need large scans. I would start by trying to reach out to the artists or their reps, however high-detail scans invite copyright abuses and all kinds of other things, so chances are slim that they would consent to do this for you unless they themselves produced the wrap. And that may involve a custom commissioned work, and can get too pricey.

Another option would be to have an artist compile royalty-free "vector" graphics and make something for you. Or do it yourself if you are handy with drawing software. Vector images, when imported and used within a vector page design product, can be enlarged nicely without jagged edges -- "jaggies."

I can suggest, to get started exploring this concept:

1. Do a Google search for "vector free tiki art" and then click on Google's "images" tab.
  2. Surf through the many images.
  3. Find things you like.
  4. You can layer your favorite graphics on top of appropriate backgrounds. Just be careful that you use vector images so they can be enlarged nice and clean.
  5. When you have done the above, make sure you are also able to prove that the images are not covered by copyrights, otherwise your print shop may not execute your design. If your design is a unique creation from a graphic artist who has paid to use images, then this also must be made known to the printer so they will know it's ok to actually print your images. Managing and proving copyright status is very important.

I hope that helps? Note that kkocka is a graphic artist here on Tiki Central, and he may be able to help. If he's reading this, he may chime in to correct or further elaborate on my thoughts above. Or one of the many artists here on TC may get directly in touch with you and offer to help.

Thanks so much guys, helps me a ton.

Pages: 1 3 replies