Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Today's antique store find. Witco?

Pages: 1 5 replies

We found these guys while out and about today. Does anybody know exactly where they came from? They're Witco-ish but I'm not sure. They're definitely vintage.

Kinda cool but I think they are a bit roughly done even by Witco standards. The frames are wrong as well. Witco frames are very minimal as to not take away from the main attraction, the carving. Would still look good in a home bar in my view though. I'm no expert and could be wrong on all of those points.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2015-06-28 04:02 ]

these were on craigslist chicago for a long time- i guess the shop owner either bought them or was the one trying to sell them -

Weird. I check Craigslist pretty regularly but I don't think saw them. Do you remember what they were asking for them? I've had several people identify them as Witco and if they are we got an awesome deal.

They look witco but the frames are not. Witco never put stuff on frames like that - most likely these had different back boards and a previous owner put them on those frames. The reason I didn't buy them was probably because they were asking a bundle for them. If they were cheap I would have grabbed them. They were on craigslist toward the end of last summer.

TT

If those are real witco, they would be the most poorly carved ones I have seen. Style is witco but I'm thinking copy

Pages: 1 5 replies