Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco discovery?

Pages: 1 5 replies

This is the only picture on the internet of the bar i just purchased. I dont know if its witco, expensive, rare, common, anything. just wanting to know more about it, if it is witco.

I have not seen that one before, I don't believe it is Witco
but lets see what the experts say?

UT

Kinda hard to see the photo in good detail. Looks like it may be Witco but a bit hard to tell by that photo. If it's not Witco someone did a decent job of trying to replicate the style in my opinion.

Yes Witco. I think it's called the Marco Polo bar?

I just don't want to buy a 90$ book to find out I have a 60$ bar I bought for 50$. so if anyone could find out for me, itd be greatly appreciated
]

UT

Seems like you have the basic info down. It's a nice piece of Witco for sure. Sven's book Tiki Modern is well worth the price and is the go-to authority on Witco. The book is a history of the progression of Witco as a style and not a price guide as price is all relative when it comes to Witco. If two people like the piece they may fight and take the price high. Other times you can get it for fifty bucks. A search of the threads here on TC will also bring up a wealth of information on Witco.

Pages: 1 5 replies