Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Excellent Wire String Lights!!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

I searched the forums, but didn't see any posts regarding these lights. I found the coolest string lights yesterday (picked them up at Books A Million). They are a string of 20 LED lights with a battery pack... and the lights are mounted on a thin wire. They are available in copper or silver.

I bought this bottle on clearance for $4... add the lights and voila!

I'm gonna wrap more hemp twine around the top to secure the lights and finish the project. The wire is flexible and very thin, so they can be used in applications where normal string lights are too bulky. I hope you guys find some inspiration for your tiki projects!

Looks great! I found some of these at Pier 1 as well, and did something very similar:

T

I think this is where I'm supposed to point out something about great minds... Ha!

You know it! :wink:

Pretty cool!

J

I found these at World Market and put them in a couple favorite empty rum bottles. Now they light up the glassware shelf in my bar corner. These have a timer built in; 6 hours on, 18 hours off. So I don't have to move things around and turn them on each night.

My wife and I bought those kind of lights last Xmas. We used them to create the under track lighting for our Monorail around out tree and for the lighting for the Polynesian monorail station.

This was a very preliminary photo (the only one I had on my phone). We eventually added a lot of train modeling elements like green tarp for grass, tropical bushes, and palm trees.

Pages: 1 6 replies