Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi

I am selling these chairs.
Do I have them priced correctly?

Thank you all.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/atq/5110034869.html

I do not believe they are Witco
Anyone else here, have an opinion?
They are not in great shape & in my opinion your price is ridiculous.

I saw the same set here

https://www.facebook.com/witcotiki

Not Witco. Neither are the ones on that fb page. And as ATP said, no one is going to pay $1200 for those chairs.

It looks to be one of the cheaper (made in Mexico) Castilian designs
after looking at other pictures, so defiantly not Witco, not worth much, price wise
and ugly as hell.

For $1200.00 you can get a really nice set of 1950s Designer Danish Modern Chairs
just to compare actual value of these.

I don't think those are Witco, but some kind of knock-off

An antique store here in Chicago had a large carved hutch with the same emblem on it that they were selling as Witco, but we weren't able to determine if it was legitimately Witco or not... seeing these matching chairs, I'd say it was not.

Witco had a lot of imitators in their day...

The detail work on this seems too fine, and the cuts not large or deep enough to be Witco.

Regardless, they seem to be in pretty rough shape, and are certainly more towards the Medieval/Spanish-style Witco stuff, which is not terribly in demand and tends to languish on eBay at ridiculously high prices.

Tiki Witco is where the money is. Most everything else... not so much.

Given that it seems we're slowly determining here these aren't Witco, and that even if they were, they're of the less desirable style, coupled with the knicks and chips and what-not, I'd say you would be pretty lucky to get $100 each for them, and that would really be pushing it, and that's assuming the upholstry is in decent shape and the chairs are still sturdy and not wobbly or falling apart structurally.

Sorry to be (one of the) bearer(s) of bad news...

--Pete

Thanks everyone, they were free, so anything I get it profit. :)

Pages: 1 6 replies