Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Lounge Jukebox

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Alright, tiki lovers... Time for a serious music poll. I own an AMI Rowe jukebox that's in my living room... But I'm in the process of restoring a 1964 Rock-Ola.

Question.. I have slots for 50 45rpm records... What are the 50 must haves for a tiki lounge?

Discuss.

Following.

How funny, I recently started converting my home office into a tiki space and just today moved my 60's Rockola Princess into the room. I bought this thing a couple years ago and somehow in the process of moving it, it stopped working. I have a friend who works on pinball machines that's been promising to look at it. Hoping now that the room is coming together he can get it operable again. Then I'm left with the same predicament as you, 50 open slots. What to fill 'em with? I have lots of Hawaiian and exotica LPs, but NO 45's! Gonna have to start digging.

The 60s era rock-ola boxes just look great.

I'm thinking about just finding 50 indie surf rock 45s. I could do a Carolina Beach music box, but I think the garage and indie wax is the way to go. There are plenty of those guys around and they will generally press 45 singles. Lots of Internet digging though.

Pages: 1 2 replies