Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mai Tai Monster Movies...

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

On 2010-03-23 10:33, JackLord wrote:
Count Gore DeVol is a legend in the DC area. He hosted our Creature Feature on then independant Channel 20 on Saturday Nights. He also played Captain 20, the afternoon kids show host, and I believe was also the local Bozo the Clown. And he was the station manager. A true multitasker. I think he still does his thing online.

Yes, he does !

Count Gore DeVol's Creature Feature: The Weekly Web Program

If you like Count Gore's web show, help support it with the purchase of a t-shirt, poster, or DVD. The show has little to no advertising.

H

Baron VT, do either of those books mention The Ghoul?

He looks like a responsible citizen to me...

I grew up in Pittsburgh we had "Chilly Billy" on every Saturday Night
Chiller Theater's Website

I heard once that he was inspiration for "Monster Horror Chiller Theater" on SCTV
He also appears in both the 1968 and the 1990 versions of "Night of the Living Dead".

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2010-03-24 07:39 ]

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2010-03-24 07:42 ]

On 2010-03-24 01:14, Hakalugi wrote:
Baron VT, do either of those books mention The Ghoul?

Yes, THE GHOUL is profiled in "Television Horror Movie Hosts" (as are other classic hosts like Chilly Billy, Zacherly, Vampira, Ghoulardi, etc.)

"The Creature Features Movie Guide" is just that: a very good movie guide (i.e. book of reviews). What makes it better than some other guides is that it unearths some rather obscure films that are of interest to sf/horror fans AND it was written by a horror host familiar with the genre(s) -- John Stanley, former host of San Francisco's "Creature Feature."

On 2010-03-24 07:38, captnkirk wrote:
I grew up in Pittsburgh we had "Chilly Billy" on every Saturday Night
Chiller Theater's Website

I heard once that he was inspiration for "Monster Horror Chiller Theater" on SCTV
He also appears in both the 1968 and the 1990 versions of "Night of the Living Dead".

Thanks for posting this link ! I didn't know this site existed ! It's a great site !

Here's a webisode of "Trailers From Hell." In it, director Joe Dante ("Gremlins,""The Howling") comments on "Horror Island" from the 1940s. Note Leo Carillo, Pancho from The Cisco Kid tv series, in the cast.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/bg-4005014/trailers_from_hell_horror_island/

Pages: 1 2 54 replies