Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hot Rod Hula Hop 7 - August 7 & 8, 2015

Pages: 1 4 replies

H
Hep posted on Sat, Jul 11, 2015 5:14 AM

Hot Rod Hula Hop is roaring back to Columbus, Ohio, on August 7 and 8 for its seventh year!

Presented by the Kahiki and Kon-Tiki chapters of the Fraternal Order of Moai, the Midwest's biggest summer tiki festival features two spectacular days of live music, hot rods, burlesque, a luau dinner and tropical cocktails.

Break out the party-liquor, because Unknown Hinson will be headlining the big Saturday night “rock ‘n’ bowl” show at Sequoia Pro Bowl!

The "Kang of Country-Western Troubadours" will top an amazing surf and psychobilly show that also features The Revomatics, Hellroys and Hypnotide.

Keep your pulse racing with titillating burlesque by Mon Cherie Entertainment between the band sets!

On Saturday afternoon, fire up your engines for the vintage car, truck and scooter show at Sequoia Pro Bowl. Hand-carved trophies will be presented to the winners!

There's also the "Miss Hot Rod Hula Hop" pin-up contest, a vendor village, retro DJs, and a silent auction of tiki treasures to benefit Cure CMD.

On Friday night, fill your tiki mug at the "Feast of the Gods" at the Grass Skirt Tiki Room!

The feast includes a luau dinner, and live Exotica, Hawaiian and rockabilly bands both inside and outside the Grass Skirt. The band lineup features The Whiskey Daredevils, The Digs, Francis Llacuna and ¡Superfez! There's also a “Mystery Bowl” auction of potent tropical concoctions to benefit Cure CMD.

A portion of the event proceeds benefit Cure CMD, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that funds research and clinical trials to find a cure for congenital muscular dystrophies.

Tickets and more info at http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/events/hotrodhulahop/

For more updates, like our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/hotrodhulahop

I drove up for this event last year and had a great time. The entire event went extremely smooth and was a heck of a lot of fun. Due to other obligations I am missing it this year but hope to be back in 2016.

Wish I lived closer to this event. Some club brothers, from the Road Devils, in Ohio
said they are going this year and that the show is always a blast.

i'm gonna be vending here! look for the "Kitty's Atomic Palace" booth. :D

what another great time! thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth :D

Pages: 1 4 replies