Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

New Home Tiki Bar Unveiling

Pages: 1 23 replies

UB

Hi
I would like to share with you fellow TCers my new home tiki bar.
It is not as cool as some of yours I have seen on this great forum.
Living in an apartment, I have been limited in my construction tasks\creativity.
Some of it is Ebay\Plastic and I am working on that.
I will be adopting\buying some special tikis from some of you soon too make it more authentic.
I made a video of it, which displays it better. The video is encoded in the Windows Media Player (other player versions coming).
There are some surf culture inspirations with the tiki approach.
Well, if anything, I am having a great time doing it.
Remember, it is still a work in progress. Note the robotic insects.
I hope you like it and look forward to any of you TCers to join me here for Happy Hour.
Click on the link below to go to video page(the "surf into kev's atomic lava lounge" sign was a gift, so I have to show it).

http://www.audioautographs.com/bar.htm

C
Chacha posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2003 2:51 PM

Wow! It looks great (from the photo - I couldn't run the video)! Thanks for sharing!

UB~
Cool work in progress! I like those insects! The second video with the music is hilarious!

Looking good! I especially liked the fish in the blender.

M

UB- That rocks for an apartment. I will be in the Monterey area in early September. Do a little Munktiki visit, Mai Tais at your home bar, and see the sights?

Are you game?

Monkeyman

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-08-01 16:13 ]

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2003 4:31 PM

Great job! Your little island paradise in your apartment! I'll be there at 10!

T

So many awesome things there. Great job. Love the fountain.

F
FastCo posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2003 6:30 PM

cool vids, great job!!! - the place has got "personality" built-in... the kinda place where one can grab a cocktail and contemplate thier "inner-tiki" - I give it 5 stars!

please do post updates as they happen, and thanks for sharring it!

FC

T

WOW!!! Mad props on a great bar inside an apartment. It gives me hope I could come up something cool in the corner of my little apartment.

UB

You guys are great!
Thanks for the feedback.
It was kinda like that baseball movie:
"If you build it, the tiki seekers will come".
I tell ya, TCers are the catalyst for fun.
Thanks for making me feel good!

UB

On 2003-08-01 16:12, Monkeyman wrote:
UB- That rocks for an apartment. I will be in the Monterey area in early September. Do a little Munktiki visit, Mai Tais at your home bar, and see the sights?
Are you game?
Monkeyman

Monk, Definately
I hope to have a mug signing with the Neilsons in the first weeks of October.
It's still solidifying for the exact date.
We'll have a preliminary Tikitail practice run on your arrival.
Keep in touch!

Sweet bar!

Very cool UB. Hope I can make it out there for your October Tiki Fest.

Oooga Booga! You're not such a dork after all!! Cool little bar you got there!!!

T

Nice lookin' bar you got there UB! I love those barstools!

CHEERS! :drink:

UB,

Pretty cool, especially for being in an apartment. That's hard-core tiki considering it's technically 'temporary'.

You've just removed the excuse most TC'rs in apartments use for NOT having a tiki bar!

Enjoy

Yeah, I'd have to say that's one of the better M.A.T.S.H units (Mobile Apartment Tiki Sloshing Huts) I've yet to see. Good job!

TCers, thanks for the cool comments.
It really means a lot.
I can only hope I can reflect it back, by putting a tiki mug in your hand for a tikitude adjustment. I look forward to your visit in Monterey.
The best to ya!

Very nice!!! Your bar, as well as the other TC'ers, reminds me, once again, I need to get started on my own Tiki Bar here at my house.

UB, I will have to see it in person. I couldn't get the video to play on my Mac.
I did get to hear Combustible Edison, but couldn't see any video. I even updated my Media player. Oh well. Keep us all posted on the party detaisl.
Chongolio

R

Nicely done but now the bar and work I have done on my basement pale in comparison and I am afraid to share my images for fear of being mocked. I will crush my feelings of terror with rum and ice and post anyway. Pictures should be up soon.

UB

On 2003-08-03 18:27, rwhgeek wrote:
Nicely done but now the bar and work I have done on my basement pale in comparison and I am afraid to share my images for fear of being mocked. I will crush my feelings of terror with rum and ice and post anyway. Pictures should be up soon.

Hey Geek,
It's cool man,
People here want to cheer each other on. I wish I had a basement, let alone own a house.
Just have fun!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-04 02:04 ]

Unga Bunga is absolutely correct. It is unlikely you will meet a more supportive group. Not everyone has a house and those of us with houses do not all have large houses. Your tiki shrine can be whatever you make of it. Tiki is easily represented by objects but the true spirit of tiki is in the people. Fill any room with enough of the right people and voila...you have a tiki lounge.

Start small and work at it.

Monkeyman

B

WOW, that's a pretty high-class bar you've got there Unga Bunga!

Hey Chongolio, it looks like we have another stop to make.

Pages: 1 23 replies