Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pages: 1 32 replies

M

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:53 ]

T

Not that your plans and the whole Halloween thing sounds great (we will be sure to make a trip down south to see it) I thought for sure that this was a theme about one of my favorite movies, The Lost Boys. It's long been my motto...

Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die.

Trustar

When I go hang out at Santa Cruz, I reminice
about the scenes that were shot there.
Great movie.
Monkeyman, we have a lot in common. I use to take control of my parents front lawn and patio with haunted Halloween props every year.
The Haunted Mansion was a big influence on me, as was The Pirates of the Caribbean. I wish I could be there to enjoy your fun.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-01 23:45 ]

M

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-08-05 16:51 ]

D

Monkeyman have you made any other Halloween sets besides the Spongbob one. Which I am still amazed by. Don't forget to post pictures.

T

I thought I'd "bump" this post back up to the top to see how things are progressing with Monkeyman on this event? The day is getting closer... :wink:

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:54 ]

Hey, Monkeyman! I'm sorry to say, "The Lady and I are going to Vegas for Halloween." After seeing the Spongebob S.P. props and costumes we are disapointed to miss it. You do fantastic work.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:54 ]

I really wish I could experience your Halloween first hand, but I've been cooking up a scheme of my own!

I wasn't planning to do anything at the house this year, but a buddy from Las Vegas came down for a visit, and he's a major Halloween-trick-or-treater-experience creator, and we got to talking, and I'm now in the works for something along the lines of an abandoned carnival or penny arcade, with automaton machines that come to life!

Getting kind of a late start, but many of you are now familiar with my obsessive-compulsive behavior after experiencing the Spectacular East Indies Room, so I'm sure I'll pull something off in time.

Monkeyman, I'm looking forward to photos and the video of the Peter Pan house!

:tiki:

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2003-09-17 11:21 ]

Dang, Monkeyman, if I lived in California (ANYwhere in California!), I'd be there at your swell soirée. Rats! Give my love to your beautiful Princess Tiger Lily, Peter Pan, and my special friend, your little Tinkerbell.

I'll just have to be content with International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

M

On 2003-08-02 00:16, Monkeyman wrote:
My guess is that there are quite a few more Halloween loonies (in a good way) in our TC community.

Yes, I fall into the category of "Halloween Loonies" Ever since comming in second place at one of the largest Halloween costume contests in the world (as the monster from ALIEN) I can't stop building big costumes.
I've started my 6 foot tall Tiki costume already. I will look out thew tiki's mouth, and have a hula skirt around the bottom. When I'm wearing it, it will be 9 feet tall.
When I get a little farther along I'll post some photos. I'll be Paiper macheing tonight. I've got the structure done and the face well under way.

Looking forward to seeing Monkeyman's creation this year.

A

gosh Monkey Man, I hate to admit it but I actually have a Smee costume. And Al has the perfect Black Beard get up, of course! It is kinda out of character for me to dress up as the Captain's lackey, and I felt really prudish in my Smee costume last year at the Pirate Ball! It ain't very sexy, (all the other chicks were dressed as Pirate wenches), and there I was, wearing spectacles, sailor pants and buckles on my shoes! I felt like such a dork. Anyway, this costume is at least suitable for the viewership of children, so I'll be there as the ever faithful, Smee. -Shell in the Pacific

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-18 22:57 ]

BB

Hey Monkeyman,
I absolutely plan on stopping by to see your work of art on Halloween. It almost sounds too good to be true. By the way, If you need any help with this project, let me know and I will stop by to lend a hand. I am only a mile down the road.

Hey Monkeyman!
Your place sounds like it will be the Halloween party of the year. I wish I was able to attend but I'm flying out Thursday night for the weekend. My loss I'm sure but please post pictures. I can't wait to see the transformation. How's the ship coming along?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:55 ]

T

Suburban H'ster and I were talkin' bout your work tonight. My T Fine! Can't wait to see the whole effect.

Monkeyman - we'd love to come to your party. The pirate theme suits me fine. Arrrr!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-10-20 07:16 ]

I think I'm in the area on the 31st . If so , I'll be there.

Did Monkeyman get abducted by aliens!!!!???

DZ

What's up with this thread???

Monk has left the building.
I'm guessing he ended up getting a hot date with a buxom blond and all other plans went down the toilet. AHHHH, Woman :)

I'd say "Hot" is the operative word: My 1st worry's the fires. Does anyone know if everything's OK with Monkeyman's family?

Mister Monkey posted yesterday on another thread. He's probably fine. Maybe we've all been UNinvited. Why else would he delete his own posts and the title to his own thread?

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-10-30 22:10 ]

Yes, but it was a thread about the fires.

If your roof was on fire, would you take the time to edit your posts? or save your ass/tikis?

Boo! (i think?)

MB

I'm hoping that this is a "scary post" cause I dig Monkey....and this is kinda strange.
I'm a Monkey woman too.
ALOHA!

S

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6085&forum=6&1

He moved his posts over to:
Tiki Events

S

It's too early, I meant,
Beyond Tiki

Pages: 1 32 replies