On 2015-07-22 11:35, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The last time I was at

Liberty Vintage 4th Street
2146 E 4th St
Long Beach, CA 90814

They had these mugs for $10

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-07-22 11:35 ]

T

So what you're saying is I can pay $5 and enter as many times as I want? I'm there!!

T

It would be fine if the proceeds went to a charity. But is that the case here? If not, it's just wronk, IMHO.

that's right tiki greg

On 2015-07-22 17:46, tikigreg wrote:

So what you're saying is I can pay $5 and enter as many times as I want? I'm there!!

All proceeds go to the natives of outl1n3 island. For sculpting marital like clay, kiln space, glazes, ect...

So won't you help out tikitech

On 2015-07-22 18:28, TikiTech wrote:
It would be fine if the proceeds went to a charity. But is that the case here? If not, it's just wronk, IMHO.

So has anyone fallen for this money grab, yet?

S

On 2015-07-23 03:52, 0utl1n3 wrote:
For sculpting marital like clay, kiln space, glazes, ect...

Marital??? ect??? WTF? Maybe you should put that money towards english lessons.

........ whats with hate!!!!!!
I'm just trying to save money for materials....

Atomik tiki if some one gave you tiki mugs that you have already and raffled em off how much would you sell the tix for.

On 2015-07-23 13:47, swizzle wrote:

On 2015-07-23 03:52, 0utl1n3 wrote:
For sculpting marital like clay, kiln space, glazes, ect...

Marital??? ect??? WTF? Maybe you should put that money towards english lessons.

K

I'm all for your cause, but I think there might have been an easier avenue, if'n you know what I'm sayin'.

Unless this raffle was for a charity, I wouldn't be having a raffle in the first place
it goes against my personal code, simply stated I work and pay to cover the cost
of my own hobbies/interests, I don't ask others to finance them.
If you are any good, you may be able to make some money to continue.

This is how, myself and other people my age were raised, I was taught the importance
of earning things for one's self, I find what you are doing distasteful, as do others
who have commented here on your post.

I have seen it to be a lesson lost on this current generations sense of self entitlement
I suggest you try just selling your mugs at a fair price without the use of subterfuge.

It doesnt hurt to try.

On 2015-07-26 02:39, KAHAKA wrote:
I'm all for your cause, but I think there might have been an easier avenue, if'n you know what I'm sayin'.

Atomik tiki i make kustom mugs at $60. If i just design and make it ill try and sell it at 60-70 but will usually let them gofor 25-30-40
A big steal.... ceramic is a hard thing to sell ive been sculpting on n off for 10 years and now I'm doing ceramic full time

On 2015-07-26 02:55, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Unless this raffle was for a charity, I wouldn't be having a raffle in the first place
it goes against my personal code, simply stated I work and pay to cover the cost
of my own hobbies/interests, I don't ask others to finance them.
If you are any good, you may be able to make some money to continue.

This is how, myself and other people my age were raised, I was taught the importance
of earning things for one's self, I find what you are doing distasteful, as do others
who have commented here on your post.

I have seen it to be a lesson lost on this current generations sense of self entitlement
I suggest you try just selling your mugs at a fair price without the use of subterfuge.

R

I'm CONFUSED HERE.
First you say"All proceeds go to the natives of outl1n3 island."
Then you say it doesn't hurt to try??
and I've been sculpting for 10 years..LOL...

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2015-07-26 15:31 ]

to be fair a lot of artists have had raffles to raise money for specific projects they were unable to fund. The problem here is the guy didn't word it in a way that was acceptable and the responses ( from everyone) are digging the hole deeper.
Dude just give up its only going to get worse. its a popularity contest and they've already ganged up on you.
I don't normally jump into these things. but you guys are just picking on him to entertain yourselves which bumps this up to the top of the page. ( I know thats what I just did but it was already at the top of the page). The point is we all know the majority of TC'rs have the capability to completely ignore an artists post about stuff they are selling regardless of their motivations.

Pages: 1 15 replies