Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bring the Tiki

Pages: 1 9 replies

If you are in the SF Bay Area keep an eye out for a new tiki bar in the south bay's future.

That's the name you're really going with?

are you moving?

[ Edited by: IDoVoodoo 2015-07-30 02:13 ]

Give em a chance.
Cheers

EJ

On 2015-07-29 19:11, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
That's the name you're really going with?

You are complete JACKASS! Did you even bother to take a look at the previous post to see where the name came from? Let me help you: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46530&forum=20

On 2015-07-29 23:21, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Give em a chance.
Cheers

That's some good Ohana! If only we can keep the village idiot under control.

I'm digg'n it myself.. Good luck with it all, can't wait to come visit hopefully someday.. :wink:

Thank you King Joffrey.

I've been to these folks' home bar, and I love it. They have a great eye for theming and backstory -- which is why I love the name. Their home bar is World War II themed, Lucky Star works perfectly in that context. If they create something for the public with the same care and immersion as what they have created at home, it'll be a hell of a spot, decor-wise. The southern end of the Bay Area is terribly overdue for a good tiki bar, it's a great time to serve a thirsty population down there.

Well clearly some of you like the name, mind you we are talking about a commercial bar
not a home bar (Jeifer, excuse me for having a opinion, I guess in your part of the world, you're the only one entitled to one)

But Lucky Star is not a name I would ever associate with a classic Tiki Bar, I know it is from an Aviation backstory
but still sounds like a cowboy bar in Texas.

But of course I endorse more Tiki Bars, but I want to see more classic themed ones & less Buffet style
I find the posted art above, not so encouraging, I hope the folks behind this reach out to Ben, Danny, Bosko & Crazy Al etc.
for the build & advice on doing it right.

F

Two thumbs up for another tiki bar. Can you tease us with where in the south bay? San Jose area?
I like what you guys have done with your home bar. Look forward to seeing the new Lucky Star myself eventually.
Cheers!
:drink:

Pages: 1 9 replies