Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

brand new tikiyaki orchestra album - vinyl and cd !

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

The Tikiyaki Orchestra : Idol Worship and other Primitive Pleasures CD / Vinyl LP

OFFICIAL release date and record release party :
August 13th.
The Bali Hai, in San Diego, opening night of Tiki Oasis 15. It will be EPIC !

Idol Worship and other Primitive Pleasures CD / Vinyl LP :
The 4th Tikiyaki Orchestra album, and first with the new and improved lineup, "Idol Worship..." continues that Tikiyaki sound you know and love, but pushes further into new sounds and ideas. Songs like western romp "Paniolo" , the sci-fi themed "The FInal Transmission", while songs like "Pele's Kiss and "Eden Awaits" show a more sensual side to side to the band's sound, not really explored before.
The new lineup refreshes the sound with stellar musicianship and character, and the production is their most raw, and live sounding yet.
Limited Edition Transparent Red Vinyl, and CD. It will also be available at iTunes and most online music outlets.

Official Tikiyaki Store : http://shoptikiyaki.wix.com/tikiyakiorchestra#!store/cjku

S

incredibly excited for this. i love the album title and that cover harkens to the swank(and sexy?) saul bass opening credits.

in the words of nancy grace "i've got my seat belt and crash helmet on. i'm ready"

It's finally here! I'll be sure to bring a fist full of dollars to SG101 tomorrow so I can do my homework before the Bali Hai show at Oasis.

I have a feeing I'm gonna wear out the grooves on this thing.

kevin

Sounds great. And thanks for doing the vinyl version Jim!

kevin

G

Finally a new TO album! I like what I've heard so far; a new direction for the band. I'm downloading it as soon as it's up on iTunes.
Thanks, Jim!

the 13th can't come soon enough. i'll need to find a way to inject the music directly into my bloodstream so i take it with me wherever i go

EDIT: in my haste, and excitement, i thought the 12th was the 13th.

[ Edited by: socksoff 2015-08-12 13:03 ]

Getting my first listen to the new album now. Too bad I'm at work and not sipping a cocktail at the KioWai Lounge. I guess I'll give it the full go tonight when I get home. :)

S

listening to mine right now. can't wait to get the vinyl. ab-so-lute-ly amazing so far

J

Will Tikiyaki 5-0 be available on iTunes?

T

On 2016-09-04 06:27, jimsflies wrote:
Will Tikiyaki 5-0 be available on iTunes?

Yes. It should be up already .

Pages: 1 9 replies