Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Great Site. April Winchell.

Pages: 1 9 replies

This is a cool one...this girl has exquisite taste in bad music. I never knew Steve Allen and Eydie Gourmet recorded "Black Hole Sun", for instance. Herve Villachez's "Why Do People Have To Fight" is another gem. Check it out. (this strikes me as one that Tikifish would particularly enjoy) http://www.aprilwinchell.com/multimedia/

Yeah, the Barry White recording that you mentioned still cracks me up.

T

Yeah April rocks! Great site, BK!
She is the daughter of famed ventriliquist and voice actor Paul Winchell Remember Jerry Mahoney, Knucklehead Smiff, The Banana Splits and of course Tigger.

Yeah, the Barry White recording that you mentioned still cracks me up.
I forgot. Big deal.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-08-03 09:54 ]

TikiMug~

I never knew that was her dad! Can you imagine having him as your dad, and having him answer the phone (in a character voice) when your friends call! ha!

T

SCD,

I was a big Paul Winchell fan, I remember his TV show. I thought his voices always sounded cool. I even had a Jerry Mahoney doll, then after Jerry I got a Lester doll but I just couldn't stop my lips from moving. Funny thing even today, I can't stop them from moving!

Hoity-Toity Wanna Be

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2003-08-04 07:06 ]

He must have sold quite a few of those; I bet I've bought and sold 15 Jerry Mahoney dummies in my antiques career...I know a good bit of them were made by a ventriloquist dummy maker in Columbia, South Carolina. The oldest ones, made of composition, bring nice money in clean, boxed condition, around $175. The vinyl ones around $40.

On 2003-08-03 09:49, tikimug wrote:
Remember Jerry Mahoney, Knucklehead Smiff, The Banana Splits and of course Tigger.

The Splits were cool.
http://www.teletronic.co.uk/bansplit.wav

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-04 12:35 ]

and SCRUBBING BUBBLES!

M

What a cool site. I dig the Farrah erotica song "you".

Pages: 1 9 replies