Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Moai Lounge is FOR SALE

Pages: 1 4 replies

Boy, it's been forever since I posted...and it's with a heavy heart that I share this with the TC Ohana. My wife and I are relocating to Richmond, VA next month, and are selling our house in Germantown, MD. Including our pride and joy, The Moai Lounge. Thanks, in large part, to a ton of inspiration from TC and the greater tikiphile community, we transformed our drab, suburban basement into a damn fine (if I do say so myself) tiki bar. Now we're hoping to pass the tiki torch to someone else. We've had the house on the market for just over a month, but haven't had any offers. There have been quite a few compliments on the bar, but no takers so far. We're really, really hoping to find the 'right' buyers who will appreciate the Lounge...because it sure would suck to have to dismantle the whole thing and return it to it's formerly generic state just to sell the place.

So I thought, perhaps, someone here might know someone who would jump at the chance to buy a kickass tiki bar (yes, everything conveys, artwork, furniture, carvings, mugs, waterfall, and all) with a free house attached. We've also got a few Shag prints in our festively colored living room that might also tempt the right buyer. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Here's a link to the listing on Zillow: http://bit.ly/1MmuMNI

Let me give you an early Welcome to Richmond! I hope everything works out for you on the G'town side.

Thanks LitClique! Looking forward to not only moving to Richmond, but making the move from the 'burbs to the 'urbs. We're buying a house in Church Hill and are super psyched to explore RVA!

Yes! Church Hill has been the leader in Richmond's current urban renewal. It should be great for you.

W

Wow! Glad to have you here in Richmond, a second welcome from us! Let us know when you get here. We have a lot of friends that live in Church Hill as well, and if you need any help just holler. We need more tiki culture in Richmond! We do have some great bartenders that know the "real" Mail Tai recipe by heart, but no dedicated tiki establishments. The best we have right now is the occasional tiki "pop-up". Hope the home sells quickly.

[ Edited by: W8N2Surf 2015-08-24 15:22 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies