Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The Tiki Chef meets the Tiki Shark

Pages: 1 1 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Celebrity Iron Chef Sam Choy lives in the same town on the Big Island as I do: Kailua-Kona. I met Sam a few times at some events at the very Tiki-fied resort here "The Royal Kona Resort. He's a great guy. So funny, and really seems to be "living aloha". He's also an Award winning Chef - one of the top 300 chefs in the world I heard. His expertise? He's known as a Founding Contributor of "Pacific Rim Cuisine" - The kinda' food you find in TIKI Restaurants! In 2004, Sam Choy was awarded the highly prestigious "James Beard Foundation Award" for a whole type of cuisine - what I would call "Tiki Food".
He also started the highly popular "POKE Festival" here in Kona. He's been on "Hawaii 5 O" a couple of times, plus tons of other things he's won & accomplished in his life. It also seems like everyone on the Big Island knows him. I picked him up at the Kona airport once, and I tell ya' it took FOREVER to just to get his luggage and walk to the car, cause every 5 steps some local person came up and smiled saying; "Hey Uncle Sam Choy! Howzit?!" - and being the sweet kinda' guy Sam is, he stops and talks to every single person.

Anyways, a friend of his needed something to do, and asked Sam if he could try making a food show about him on You-Tube. Of course, Sam said "Sure!".
So was born "Sam Choy's in the Kitchen".
It's an amateur show where this Famous Chef shows up a people's homes here in Kona, finds what-ever left-overs in their refrigerator, and makes a fantastic gourmet meal out of them.

Well, on "Episode 11", he came to"The Tiki Shark Studios" aka my house (I work outa' my house) !!

We tried to goof up Sam a little. It was a hoot!

Please follow the link below and take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtkNsuoWor8

Enjoy!
If you laugh, please hit "LIKE" and let "The Tiki Chef" know you dig him!

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-08-18 21:24 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Well, believe it or not, living on a active volcano can have it's down side!
One of these is a lot of stuff is imported, like milk and some foods, and you can come outa' the grocery store and feel like you just got robbed!
Well my new friend is helping me get through all that.

Gourmet Chef SAM CHOY, one of the best know folks on the Big Island, and all around great guy, has shown me what to look for when you go shopping - where to find the good locally gown produce.

SAM even took me into his restaurant and showed me how hot it can get in a kitchen!

Anyways, Sam's friend is making a you tube amateur cooking show that Sam said he'd help him with. (course, Sam's such a nice guy he'll do anything for about anybody!)
So when asked where he wanted to cook next - Sam suggested the Tiki Shark Studios! Hey, it's SAM CHOY you can't say no!
So, we filmed episode eleven at our place.
Please go to the web address, and click on EPISODE 11 - and, please if ya' don't mind, could you give the 'ol Tiki Shark episode a "LIKE" … or even make a comment! Let the web guys feel the power of the Tiki Tribe!
It's us, so we get silly - mostly trying to get Sam to crack up. which he does… he even cracks himself up a few times!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr9NsIyzlz5d3WHYu6qPQtw

Big MAHALO!

Pages: 1 1 replies