Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TIKISKIP: Tiki bar light Inquiries.

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

I every now and then get PMs from people asking if I have any lights for sale
and most of the time I do.

Some time ago I would try to get back to these PMs in a timely manner as I too
have asked Tiki central members to sell their stuff and it works out great.

BUT about I don't know two or three years I have been getting PMs where the person would
never answer back to my reply or jerk me around with tons of questions all for
not.

I do have an idea as to who this could be, Maybe the same people who run my
thread counts up to have a 5 or a 2 in them all of the time, man this guy is on it too as he runs them up on a daily basis's.
Just a bit of that ja/tf/dfb, what fun.

So because of this I don't really answer these PMs much anymore as it's a waste of
time often.

Don't like to blow off the folks that really do want lights, so sorry to those of you that
are affected by this brand of fun by these cyber bullies.

Do still sell lights when I see people, and on eBay every now and then so it really just hurts people here on TC that want my stuff.

Maybe there could be a way to keep people like this from starting fake user names as I know
that some of these people would have many fake Tiki Central user names to hide behind just
waiting for a time when they wanted to have a bit of ja/tf/dfb at tiki centrals expense.

Thanks to those of you who have bought my lights in the past!!

This makes me so sad! :( And mad! Cause crap like this keeps people like you from selling to people on TC without the hassle (imo) and extra expense of selling on eBay, etc.

That sucks tikiskip!!
Hey have you thought about getting on Instagram and selling them?
Seems to work well for a lot of people I've seen..

Aloha

Yeah don't want to work at this tiki light thing too hard.
Plus I sure don't need another time waster on the net.

It's kinda like that kid brother that pokes and pokes.
But then my eBay sales get messed with too.
So Instagram may be the same who knows.

Will put some up in due time.
Right now the sun is out and the weekend is coming.

Thanks all!!

S

I hear you tikiskip. The amount of times i've had people ask me about my mugs, to which i reply with in quite a detailed message letting them know that i'm in Australia and postage is going to be quite expensive (compared to what you guys are used to paying to send one mug) to then not get any response at all is unbelievable. I honestly would say that maybe 10% might reply with, "Thanks, i didn't realize postage was going to be that much".

The postage cost is what it is, there is nothing i can do about that, but it would be nice if people had the courtesy to at least take a few moments to respond after you/I have taken the time to answer their question. If you don't want the item then that's fine, but it would be nice to know that you don't as opposed to being completely ignored.

As for Instagram, it has similarites to Facebook (it is a social media site after all) and i think is a great way to sell your stuff, BUT, you are still dealing with human beings and will encounter the same problems. It's amazing how many people do not pay any attention or musn't read the description for the picture in people's posts to begin with, because they ask a question that has already been answered in the original comment. I see it ALL the time. An artist will say, "Here is my latest piece. It is so and so, blah blah blah. Contact me via my profile for details", and then people will ask in the comments, "How do i get this?". Or, "What do i have to do to buy this?". Or, my personal favourite, when they leave their email address in their comment and ask the artist to email THEM.

When i get those sorts of comments on my posts, i just ignore them. If someone is that stupid then i don't want them owning a piece of my artwork. Although the money is always nice, i'd rather keep it than sell it to an idiot.

Unfortunately that is just human nature and if you want to sell you wares then it is something you have to deal with.

Exactly Robbie! I write more emails and send pics more than I would like.. As you said most of the time you hardly get a response at times.. It's all good though, the ones that do order make up for all that I guess.. :wink:
I was thinking for Skip the way MPceramics sells his on IG by posting a pic, a price and shipping.. I thought of doing it myself that way at some point just to not have to deal with all the emailing.. If you do get on there tikiskip lmk brah, I'll share your pics anytime okay.. :wink: Aloha

T

Well Swizzle or Robbie it’s too bad you have such high ship costs but nothing you can do about that.
Your stuff is awesome, your bob o nut is one of the best bobs IMHO.
But it’s not the guy who cranks out the most stuff that people think of as rare or to
Have value in the end.
Look at Orchids of Hawaii, made tons of mugs, not rare or much value.
But the ones people are wanting are the Frankoma T3S War God tiki mug or the stuff from
any tiki bar with a short life span because of the low numbers made.
And they got to be a well done art piece too.
So NOT making tons of tiki stuff can be good in the end.
But you will be dead by then and won’t know.

Thanks Beachbumz love Instagram but dam they make you join now.
Why can’t I just dive in and out without signing up?

Most of the time do better on eBay so it all works out.

Have bought lots off of TC and most of the time it goes great!

H

As a long time buyer on TC I prefer to buy from people who are clear about the price and postage. I do not do "make an offer". Skip, don't give up on us, your stuff is very nice.

Yeah I hear ya hiltiki on that.
And thanks.

I had met and liked TikiDavid but he wanted you to make an offer.
Always got the feeling that he wanted you to give a big price as
he would get pissed off if you gave him a low one, so I did not even ask him
about stuff he had.

On the pricing I have told one guy like $40.00 bucks for a Kahiki light not
the best one they had but it was Kahiki.
Did not even like this guy, but he did not bite on that!
Dam, a good mug is more than that.

You wonder what some people are thinking, heck lots of time the post office makes
more than I do.

There is some costs related to making these lights, mugs, tiki, ect....

Here is that $40.00 Kahiki light.
The basket one, even has the same paper in it and smells like peanut oil.
It's gone.

S

On 2015-08-29 11:51, tikiskip wrote:
Here is that $40.00 Kahiki light.
The basket one, even has the same paper in it and smells like peanut oil.
It's gone.

It's in the Hideaway now! Just put a new bulb in it. Only lamp I have that came from a real place.

Ha! yeah that is true.
I traded a Coconut mug for it, at the time a $40.00 mug.
Do like Tim he is not the guy I was talking about.

Great place for this light.

wow thats crazy.. $40 is a steal! surprised that other guy passed it up.. I guess some people aren't really into the history part as much.. Me, that's all I would be thinking about as it was lit up over the bar... :wink:

This guy hounded me over and over.
He was always waiting for a "bonus" check to come.

Said he lost his job over some harassment issues, that were not true.
But his camera was always pointed at any chick with few clothes.
Gross, I would have made nothing on this light.
Glad he did not buy it.

T

See here is the latest PM I got.
It goes like this....

"corners
Posted: 2015-09-14 11:28
Hi Tikiskip,

I love the lamp from this post (see below). If you still have it, would you like to sell?

Thanks"

So Corners are you out there?
Most of the time the names that just signed up and have no posts are fake.

C

I'm not fake!

At least . . . I don't think I'm fake.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you for a whole 2 days. I have a job and three kids.

I really did like this light I asked you about. I think it is one of the coolest lamps I've ever seen. I like everything about it: the lamp shade, the cork bottom, the half frosted glass globe, the orange glow, etc. That's what made me create an account, just to find out if it was available.

Too bad for me you traded it for rum.

I read that you just create these lamps from parts that you have collected over time, but is there any chance you could recreate that one (or something very close) for me?

T

Hey there he is.
Sorry but I get many scammers and you fit the profile.

That light has a very odd glass shade that is hard to find.
If I do find any parts like that will get back to you.

Got lots o odd parts to put together so the lights I make will be
kinda odd like that one, If I ever get back to making lights.

The kinda odd styles like that sell or trade fast.
Working on a trade with Rvictor now I think.

Thanks for your interest though.

Pages: 1 16 replies