Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Rockabilly Luau Playlist?

Pages: 1 4 replies

My husband is throwing me a Rockabilly Luau Birthday Bash on Sept. 12. We have a live band booked, but I've got about 2.5 hours before the band starts to fill, and then when they're on breaks. So I need to compile a killer playlist for those gaps.

So far I've got some Hasil Adkins, Nick Lowe/Rockpile, Rev Horton Heat, Buddy Holly, Stray Cats, Johnny Cash, Elvis, a little early Elvis Costello, Rev. Peyton, Bill Haley.

We'll have Hawaiian/Exotica going on a loop indoors in the tiki lounge, but I'm trying to keep it more on the Rockabilly side for the outdoor music. But would be happy to find some crossover stuff, too.

Any must-add recommendations? All suggestions much appreciated! And if you find yourself in Vermont on Saturday September 12, everyone is welcome! :)

Thanks!
T

Imelda May
The Blasters
My Great Aunt, Rose Maddox! better be playing this or else!
Wanda Jackson
Eddie Cochran
Duane Eddy
Robert Gordon
Junior Brown
Link Wray
Brenda Lee
JD McPherson
Roy Orbison
The Polecats
The Hula Girls
Brian Setzer
Gene Vincent
Del Shannon
Dave Edmunds
Deke Dickerson
Rosie Flores

And throw in some Cramps, Chris Isaak, X, Peggy Lee to mix it up a bit
now get to downloading & have a great Birthday!

Excellent, thanks! I can't believe I forgot Imelda May, Brian Setzer, and Dave Edmunds. Other great ideas there, too, and a couple I'm not familiar with, which is fabulous! I have seen the Hula Girls thread on here...will check it out!

Rose Maddox was your great aunt!? That's so amazing! I used to go to a lot of Laura Cantrell shows back when I lived in the city, and I remember her talking about her many times and playing her tribute song. Fabulous!!! :)

And X is one of my husband's very favorite bands. We saw them in the Bowery about 5 or 6 years ago, and they were amazing. He'll be a happy man to have that in the mix :wink:

:) :) :) and a :drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies