Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Three Dots & a Dash now has an online store.

Pages: 1 27 replies

Just figured I'd let everybody know. Three Dots & a Dash has an online store starting 9/1.

I just checked; it's up and running now. Just ordered a mug :)

Somehow the mug shaped like Paul McGee's head has mysteriously become "Barnacle Bill..."

...hmmmm...

Fishy!

--Pete

M
Makau posted on Tue, Aug 25, 2015 7:05 PM

up and running indeed! Two mugs ordered. And although the shipping is a little steep, it looks like two day UPS. Tracking number provided within minutes of ordering.

That's going to take the wind out of a few ebay "sales"

On 2015-08-25 16:05, Ragbag Comics wrote:
Somehow the mug shaped like Paul McGee's head has mysteriously become "Barnacle Bill..."

We thought the same thing. Seems a bit childish. If they want to sever ties with Paul just sell out the mug and let it go.

I can definitely confirm it is up and running now. My mug has already arrived. I had to buy one even though I live in Chicago, because every time I go, they seemed to be out of the urchin mug.

A

It cracks me up that no one thought to include a link :D

http://threedotschicago.com/shop/

T

That Sea Horse Tiki – Limited Edition is one of the coolest mugs out in a long time.

Though, it's basically 3 dots' logo'ed sea horse bowl, which can be gotten for $60 cheaper without the bar name on it.

http://www.tikifarm.com/seahorse-bowl-pink

eh, I'm down for some of the others, but that big price jump just gets me on that one.

T

Hey it's by “Tiki Bai”!
Note to Tiki Farm, do more mugs with Bai!!

The orange is the best color I think.

We are very proud to present you with our first-ever collaboration with celebrated
French Tiki artist, “Tiki Bai”! When we first started talking with Bai, we were discussing doing a small,
footed bowl design. We left the rest up to Bai’s amazingly creative artistic ability and the end result is
what can be argued as one of our finest bowls ever! We are extremely excited about the endless
possibilities that can come from this whimsical Sea Horse bowl and we hope that it finds it’s way to a
good home… YOURS!! Our super cool new Sea Horse bowl holds 16 oz. and measures 8 ½” wide at the
widest point and the Sea Horses measure 6 ¾” in height. Bonded in greenware, this bowl is a 4-piece
constructed beauty and we hope you dig it as much as we do! The companion bowl to our green version, our muted pink version has a great, 1950’s retro vibe about it.

On 2015-08-28 02:21, tikijackskeleton wrote:
Though, it's basically 3 dots' logo'ed sea horse bowl, which can be gotten for $60 cheaper without the bar name on it.

It's quite a price jump. I bought one a year or so back while at Three Dots and it wasn't nearly that expensive.

I assumed those prices included shipping... if not, those are crazy high (especially for the cheap-y Dynasty mugs...)

Any 3 Dots exclusive mug can be had for $20 in the bar... I think the seahorse bowl was $50?

We even bought the big ol' Tiki Farm sunken ship bowl from them for $50, I believe, though that was a year or so ago.

Of course, $28 + shipping for the exclusive mugs is still a helluva lot cheaper than the stuff is going for on eBay... woof...

--Pete

yeah- i was making a killing selling this stuff on ebay for inflated prices to west coast folk - now its all ruined !!!!

• but i can still get the menus and swizzles that you cant get online..... line forms to the right.

Yeah, they're asking $100 for the seahorse bowl in the bar now. The bartender said they just raised from $40. Wow.

On 2015-08-28 13:15, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
but i can still get the menus and swizzles that you cant get online..... line forms to the right.

Apparently they're planning on adding swizzles and coasters to the online store too.

Just received my mugs and they were packaged pretty poorly.

The Fijian Mermaid did not make it.

You would think with the excessive shipping charge they tack on that the parcel would be better prepped.

Reaching out to them now to resolve this issue.

H

Got mine today and this is exactly what it looked like when I opened package, no bubble-wrap or anything. The mug was outside of the box. Lucky me, I can't believe the mug was in perfect condition.

I sent a message to them through Paypal regarding my damaged mug and received a response within a few hours. They will be replacing my mermaid mug at no charge :)

On 2015-09-14 16:30, for177ula wrote:
Just received my mugs and they were packaged pretty poorly.

The Fijian Mermaid did not make it.

That sucks. To be honest their online store is disappointing. They have raised most of the mug prices (even in the bar) since the store went live. The $100 price tag on the seahorse bowl is outrageous as it was originally $40. Plus $12 for 5 swizzles is ridiculous. It all seems like a greedy money grab.

On 2015-09-14 19:40, hiltiki wrote:

Got mine today and this is exactly what it looked like when I opened package, no bubble-wrap or anything. The mug was outside of the box. Lucky me, I can't believe the mug was in perfect condition.

Was that it? No packing or anything? I'm actually shocked. I can't believe they're that lazy/cheap.

[ Edited by: TheDrunkenTiki 2015-09-14 21:55 ]

On 2015-09-14 20:37, for177ula wrote:
I sent a message to them through Paypal regarding my damaged mug and received a response within a few hours. They will be replacing my mermaid mug at no charge :)

Good lord, I would hope so.

H

Yes, my mug came in with no wrapping, no bubble-wrap and nothing else just a loose box with the top open in this huge box. That's why I was surprised mug was not broken.

This is completely unacceptable & unprofessional
I hope all of you who ordered items from them, let Three Dots & a Dash know so.

I wanted to order a mug from them but the high shipping cost added to the overall cost of the mug was so much higher
than the mug sellers at Don's Marketplace, so I will be getting it there, without risk of an incompetent shipping dept.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-09-15 00:58 ]

Received my box from the order and yeeeeah... shipping was total shit. My box was pretty smooshed down, as if someone sat on it. They clearly have a lot of growing pains in the field of packing. The quick check I did didn't seem like any were broken, but I'll double check since yeah, that packaging was the absolute worst I have ever seen.

B

Paul McGee's current bar, Lost Lake, recently opened their online store and I've received an order of glassware and swizzles with no issue. Maybe give them your money instead?

http://www.lostlaketiki.com/shop/

Wonder what they pay wholesale for the mugs? Maybe they're trying to maximize their profit margin by skimping on the packing material and figure that if most of the mugs make it intact, and they just have to replace an occasional damaged mug....hoping the cost of the replacement mugs don't outweigh the savings from poor packing?

howlinowl

Well - you don't have to worry about it anymore. Their online shop has been closed and will not be opening again - it became too
Much of a hassle with breakage and what not that the only way you will be able to get any more mugs and merch going forward is to physically go to three dots and a dash. Good news for locals and eBay resellers, bad news for everyone else - time to make friends with someone local or let your buddies know if you are going and they need anything from the bar - try my mug exchange swap page to hook up with mug traders.

H

On 2015-09-18 12:16, Bumboo wrote:
Paul McGee's current bar, Lost Lake, recently opened their online store and I've received an order of glassware and swizzles with no issue. Maybe give them your money instead?

http://www.lostlaketiki.com/shop/

Yeah, but twenty bucks for a parrot mug? I mean, they're like seven bucks at Retro Planet.

howlinowl

Yeah, but twenty bucks for a parrot mug? I mean, they're like seven bucks at Retro Planet.

howlinowl

Yeah, Lost Lake is a much smaller bar financially. The have their own glassware, but they've only had two very limited custom mugs by a Chicago artist. Three Dots has a huge company behind them so I'm less forgiving towards their price hikes.

On another note, I'm told the Three Dots Sea Urchin and Fiji Mermaid mugs have been discontinued so hang on to them if you've got them!

Pages: 1 27 replies