Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Ceramics Show - Pasadena, CA - Saturday, August 29th, 2015

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha Friends!

Well, better late than never. If you're looking for something Tiki to do this weekend, please stop by The Xiem Clay Center's gallery, this Saturday, August 29th.

The Xiem Clay Center
1563 N. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA

Created by my friend, Michelle Valigura, Xiem Tiki, is a one night event featuring ceramic art from some of our Tiki ohana and a few well known ceramic artists, from the Los Angeles area.

Join us for a drink, support the artists, and see how Tiki is envisioned by some really talented people from outside our community.

Oh, don't forget your Aloha wear.

Mahalo and aloha!

Artists:

Wendy Cevola, Crazy Al, Eric October, Michael Sbicca, Heather Rosenman, Steve Horn, Michelle Valigura, Lynn Chang, Janelle Pietrzak, and Titia Estes.

https://www.facebook.com/events/383820481829259/

T

I saw your Facebook post on this event. Looks like it will be a great event. I will try to make it. Best of luck Mike to you and all the great artists that will be there.

Looking forward to it!

This show is tonight. I hope that Michael will share photos since I'm home in Northern California. Anyone else that attends please post photos here.

Cheers, Wendy

I was torn between going to the Fights tonight at Staples Center and Mike's event in Pasadena. I've decided to record the fights, go to the Canoe House for Cocktails and Pupu's then to the Xiem Tiki to see some of our favorite artists.

TikiVato I sure hope you took photos. Wendy

Awesome art! Great time.
Tanks Mike.

T

Well done Mike. Took a few pics with my phone, sorry they weren't very good but thought I'd share a few of the items on display/for sale.

TikiVato, thank you so much for all the photos. I feel like I got to attend after all. Southern California is really the place to live for tiki events. I miss more than I can attend and that's so sad. Thanks again, Wendy

T

The picture of your cookie jar just does not do it justice. I don't know how many times I walked completely around it looking at all the details. Each time I walked around I saw something new. A real masterpiece Wendy.

TikiVato thank you so much. That means the world to me. Wendy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 31, 2015 10:46 PM

COOKIE JAR?!!! GROG was using it as a spitoon. How come no one tell GROG it was a cookie jar? Sorry Wendy. You might want to wash it out before you use it again.

Wow! What a turnout. Thank you very much to all the artists who participated and to everyone who came out to support the event.

I told GROG it was a cookie jar!!!!!

Kari also took some AMAZING pictures and has them posted on the Poly Hai Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/polyhaischool/posts/874036392664588?hc_location=ufi

Here's some of my pics.

Again, thank you very much for coming out to the event.

If you're on Instagram, please check #xiemtiki to see more pics and WIP shots of some of the pieces.

Pages: 1 12 replies