Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

History of Tiki and Trader Vic's 09/12/15

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha!

I am excited to announce that I will be hosting a seminar called "The History of Tiki and Trader Vic's" on September 12th at Trader Vic's Atlanta at 5pm. The seminar will detail the History of the Atlanta Hilton, the Trader Vic's franchise including the Atlanta location, and the Mai Tai cocktail. This is a repeat of the seminar offered on May 9th.

The seminar costs 20 dollars and includes a Mai Tai,shared Tiki platter and lasts one hour. This leaves plenty of time for cocktails at the bar and/or dinner. Seating is limited.

Please call Trader Vic's Atlanta at (404) 221-6339 to reserve your seat. Please contact me if you have any questions.

O
Otto posted on Sat, Sep 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Paul, this sounds cool, you have done this before at Atlanta Vic's? Do you have pictures/reviews that you can post here to provide more insight?

Otto,

Apologies for the late response. This particular seminar details the evolution of Tiki into mainstream Pop Culture and its spread across the U.S. I detail a good bit about the rise, fall, and rise again of the Trader Vic's Franchise which leads into the history of the Atlanta Tiki scene and the Atlanta Trader Vic's location. The seminar is roughly one hour with Questions encouraged through out. I also provide information about my sources for the seminar and encourage attendees to read the works of Sven, Beachbum Berry, etc. Overall it is a good introduction to the World of Tiki with positive feedback from attendees.

Several folks on Tiki Central have attended this one, please chime in if I have missed anything.

Mahalo,

Paul

Just of note - The Hukilau celebrated and hosted at Trader Vic's Atlanta for our very first year in 2002 to the largest crowds that were seen since the 1970's. The event definitely helped return this Trader Vic's location to the attention of the city and to the Tiki world again.

T

On 2015-09-18 09:38, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Just of note - The Hukilau celebrated and hosted at Trader Vic's Atlanta for our very first year in 2002 to the largest crowds that were seen since the 1970's. The event definitely helped return this Trader Vic's location to the attention of the city and to the Tiki world again.

My brother and wife plus I were at this event, Time fly's.
Hukilau is like Way bigger now.

Pages: 1 4 replies