Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Paul Frankl style rattan bamboo display bookcase $450

Pages: 1 2 replies

$450 - Paul Frankl style rattan bamboo display bookcase with solid mahogany shelves. I first saw this display/bookcase at an antique store in Kauai and instantly fell in love and had to have it. I eventually found a seller in Los Angeles who was distributing reproductions (probably the same as the store in Kauai). After 6 months my furniture was shipped by barge to Chicago and I've treasured it ever since. We are now in the process of downsizing and it's time for it to find a new home. This gorgeous piece is solid and built to last and super HEAVY. Pick up from Ann Arbor only.

Dimensions:
50"w x 15"d x 46"h

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/fuo/5220016496.html

[ Edited by: HawaiianaMitt 2015-09-14 07:30 ]

[ Edited by: HawaiianaMitt 2016-08-31 10:46 ]

[ Edited by: HawaiianaMitt 2016-08-31 10:49 ]

That is a nice piece!
But you know what would be nicer? if you took the time out
and introduce yourself here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&start=4125&4132
let us know something about yourself & why you are interested in our little Tiki community.

My apologies! I'm still new to this format. :) A little about myself:

I've always been a fan of tiki and have searched this site many times before finally joining. I've been obsessed with Hawaii and tiki themed artwork since I was a youngster rummaging through my grandparent's basement filled with WWII and "exotic" travel memorabilia. I used to go regularly to the Trader Vics at the Palmer House when I lived in Chicago. So sad it closed down. However, I still nurture my interest in tiki and mid century design through my graphic design and artwork. I'm a fan of sci-fi, fantasy and period shows as well: Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Dresden Files, Dr. Who, whatever comic book themed movie is out, you name it!

Pages: 1 2 replies