Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Intl. Tiki Day

Pages: 1 8 replies

S

As a runner, I think we should establish an International Tiki Day marathon/half-marathon/fun run complete with Tiki ritual, costume and appropriate prizes. Serious runners could actually "compete" and recreational folks could walk and/or jog with strollers to involve the kiddies - all in appropriate Tiki garb, of course. Or, could do a bike-a-thon with the same idea. Nice way to get folks out and about and add another race to their yearly calendar (and a few Mai Tai's to their weekly libation log!).

that's a nice idea - we could raise money for a tiki charity!

T

Scigirl,

I'm a runner (drug) also, how do you run year round in MA? Do they have running snow shoes?

The only time I'm a runnin' is when I'm being a chased.

S

Actually, running in winter is fun! You don't overheat and a nice, unexpected snowfall during your run makes you feel like a kid! I can generally keep my usual weekly mileage (35-40) even during the dead-o'-winter months. But, I admit to being a weenie on truly nasty days and reverting to the nice PaceMaster treadmill that resides in my home (in front of the tv and near the fireplace, mind you!).

I really like the idea of a charity fundraiser! What a great way to spread the word of Tiki, have a fun time and help out a good cause. We should start thinking about this for next year.....

S

I'll send you a marathon/half-marathon training plan, Luckdesigns...you'll be raring to go by race day!

http://www.tikitaky.com
Tiki Rules!

[ Edited by: scigirl on 2003-08-04 18:33 ]

How did enjoying tiki get so strenuous all of the sudden?!

S

Them poor damn Oceanic cultures worked hard for a living...a little plodding down the street is small sacrifice to honor their toils! :)

T

Only if they hand out Mai Tais in those little paper cups instead of Gatorade...

Personally, strenuous physical activity goes against my idea of tiki as a beautifully slothful pastime. Sitting in a dark room, listening to soothing music, perhaps a waterfall, and only using my muscles to form my lips around a straw. If your straw is long enough you don't even have to waste precious energy lifting a glass off the table. Now that's the life!

Pages: 1 8 replies