Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Lee Henry of Kahiki Passed away this morning 9-22-15

Pages: 1 9 replies

U

It is with tremendous sadness the we extend our heartfelt sympathies to Marilyn and their children as we found out about his passing this morning. Lee and my father, Bill Sapp were the best of friends from their college days and extended throughout their entire life as life long friends.

Lee and dad started many restaurants together throughout their lives and their Legacy will never die as they built one of the most beautiful, tropical and exotic restaurants ever built and they will be forever tied to the name of Kahiki.

We will supply more info regarding funeral services once they are published.

The Tiki community lost a leader among men of integrity- God's speed Lee!

The Sapp Family

Sad to hear this news, my condolences to his family and friends. His accomplishments bear testimony to a life of dreams, determination, and success. Peace to you and yours during this difficult time.

Always sad to hear news like this.
After reading the book Kahiki Supper Club (twice) I feel like I got to know him on a personal level.
So many great stories and a true visionary.
RIP

T

Sad news indeed.

I met Lee and his wife with Melissa and Greg when they were doing research for their book.
We were to meet Lee and his wife at a restaurant and we were late, well not only were we
late but at the wrong restaurant too!
Their were two of these restaurants I forget the name but we called Lee and he
said they would wait putting us like 45 mins late.
This must have been 15 or so years ago.

But it was a very nice talk and they were so nice to wait for us, and then spend another
hour or so talking.
Too bad that book never came out.

Rip Lee Henry.

I am so saddened by this news. The last time we saw him, less than a year ago, he seemed healthy and in good spirits.

I'm so glad we got to get the Kahiki book out before he passed away. I know he was very happy about that.

Rest in Peace Lee. Thanks for helping to create one of the most incredible Polynesian restaurants ever built!!

Cheers and Mahalo!!

Sad news. My condolences go out to the family.

H

Here is a great history on Lee Henry written by his nephew, John Fraim.

http://greathousestories.com/2015/09/28/lee-henry/

Nice find!! :)

Mahalo,
Jeff

H

On 2015-09-29 07:50, Jeff Central wrote:
Nice find!! :)

Mahalo,
Jeff

We actually need to thank John Fraim for sending me the article/link. Thanks John!

I thought I saw that the same person that wrote this (John Fraim) was going to do a book
on the Kahiki as well.
Here's hoping that John Fraim is working on a Kahiki book!

John?

Pages: 1 9 replies