Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Is there a magic formula to draw tiki stuff?

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hiya!

I'm just starting with the tiki art, i've seen a lot of mugs, masks, paintings and such, but I just wonder... is there a special thing to keep in mind to draw some awesome tiki heads/faces? Like, do you go freeform of do you think about the fact that it has to have special parts (eyebrows, arms, what not?)

I'm going to give it a try, but i'm really not sure of how to start... i've searched the web but it's either they don't give information or it's a stencil (which I don't want to follow haha)!

Thanks for your advise! And by the way, in which forum am I supposed to show you my first drawings? This one?

Many thanks! Xx
Bettie

Welcome, you are in the right place.

What you draw comes down to what you enjoy drawing. Each island in the South Pacific has tikis of a certain style. You can look up Tahitian tikis or Cook Island tikis and then just copy them in a picture with palm trees. Or you can design your own tiki.

The main thing is enjoy what you do and share your step by steps here. If you only want to display a finished piece of art then you start a thread on the Gallery page.

Try to use the same post every time. You can go to your first post and choose edit to change the title of your thread. I do that most every day. Posting here is a lot of fun.

Wendy

I think that the lovely Ms. Wendy has it...create what you like. You can use the art of others for inspiration, as well as traditional imagery, but your creativity is the key.

Looking forward to seeing your art!
~Zero

Pages: 1 2 replies