Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Feeling Empty..........

Pages: 1 17 replies

Man! My wife (the lovely and oh so talented) Mrs. Boo and kids have been gone for 6 days on vacation. I'm out of sorts in a big way!!

Any of you ever feel this way?

(Bamboo is harder than Oak (psi). But feeling rather soft).

D__U__D__E
When the kids and Sara went to Holland and Ireland 2 weeks before me, I though I was gonna die, so quiet, so lonely, then I got strep throat and could hardly move(men are such babies)
Bendoggie I know what you are feeling !!!!!
Men were not meant to be alone.
It will soon pass
Where is my 12 footer with blood?
Have fun on the other side of the world.

TOTALLY!!!
I've been stranded in Vegas for a month now. Don't get me wrong - I'm having a blast playing Martha Stewart on the house and Cary has come up on weekends, plus I have a local friend that has come by and helped me paint lots. But otherwise it's lots of solo time and it gets lonely. My online connection to you all is a lifesaver.
I'm gonna try my best and head back for Intl. Tiki Day, but when are some TCers coming to visit???
Good luck Ben :)

T

Boobam,
I dropped my WIfe and 2 kids down the beach on Sat. for the week. I was supposed to be in training this week, well I'm not. I know how it feels to suddenly be in an empty house. I am just keeping busy doin stuff I can't usually get done when the kids are here and need me. Oddly enough none of it is very tiki. I guess if I hadn't nearly cut my finger off
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4830&forum=1&14
I'd be carving alot more though. Hey remember, it's not forever.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-08-05 05:24 ]

Ben, that's exactly how I feel when I'm on the road. Used to travel every month for work -- now I always try to get someone else to go in my place. Being without my family for even a weekend sucks!

T

I always miss my kids when they're gone right up until they get back and they start fighting again!

M

I feel your pain Rev. It is a fine line for me between wanting my wife and kids around all the time and needing time to do my own thing.

If I spend all day doing what my kids/wife want, I am bummed that I couldn't make any progress on whatever my current project is.

However... If I spend all day working on my projects, I have an overwhelming sense of guilt when I realize that my kids were waiting for me all day and I didn't make time for them. Now they are asleep in bed and the day is done. I can't get the day back.

Unfortunately it is a choice..... You can live your life focusing on having experiences
or accumulating things. If you are fortunate, you can do both. Many people I know seem to focus only on one (see if you can guess which?)

Embrace your wife and kids while they are around and enjoy the time to yourself when you get it. You seem a talented fabricator, I am sure you have plenty to do when they are out.

S

Yo Rev, et. al.,

That's why I neva go anywheres without my Tiki-T.

Nuthin else makes sense.

Ohhhh Baby....I gots a plan.
Next time, I'll come 6 days ahead, alone, and...... buzz around the lake in the "vet," jam across the water on the Jet Ski (wave at Robert Deniro, who has a home down the road,) jump in the pool, go for a relaxing hot spa (candles of course,) workout on the treadmill, tan in the tanning bed, take the Harley for a spin......all without "where's Mom?"
The grass is always greener, so they say, right?
No, I only see green grass when I hang with you, Bamboo Ben.
Love you baby....we take a walk around the lake tomorrow.
Much ALOHA to all on International
Tiki Day.....will be thinking about you all on Saturday!
Cheers,
Mrs B
Had to post under "da man" cause...well, not sure and don't feel like figuring it out. :)
"We Ride"

B
Boob posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2003 12:08 AM

"She's got it all figured out, she knows what everythings about, and when anybody doubts her or sings songs without her, well she's just so umm uummmmm um uuummmm!!! "

19 hrs. and counting!!!

Singing a song to my missed LOVE, the Mrs. RevBenboo Bam aka Mrs Boo aka Mrs B..

Like I said earlier, Bamboo is harder than Oak, but I'm feeling very soft!

I'll give up my "Alias BOOB" for missed LOVE anyday!

Mahalooo posters for relating!!!.....

This is a very sweet and touching thread, love the posts. I hope you all realize how fortunate you are.

Hang in there, Ben. Generally liquor is my "wife-away from home".

J

Wow, what's wrong with me? I actually enjoy time away from the wife - I get a lot of quality movie watching, junk food eating, listening to music at loud volume, lounging around in underwear while playing Playstation done when she's not there. I don't know, maybe I'll feel different now that we are not a couple any longer but a real family with a child and all.......... or maybe you guys are all a bunch of pussies?
:P I'm kidding! I'm kidding!!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ Edited by: Johntiki on 2003-08-06 17:34 ]

I totally know how every one here feels :( . My hubby has been gone to Iraq from Feb :o . I still have no idea when he is coming back. I'm staying at my mom's and Dad's place now. Waiting for any good news. Now the Army is talking about leaving them for at least 1 year. I feel like crap now can you imagine how I would feel if he has to stay longer. I'm just glad for the art and the net. Also for my family here in Miami. I don't know what I would of done if I would of stayed at Germany all this time with my son all alone.
So feeling the loneliness really bad. It's hard, I tell you!

C

Aloha Ben!

Sounds like a good time to pack-up and come to the desert. I know this place called the REEF...

PentacleGoddess,
Sorry to hear about your main squeeze. Hope he's back soon, and thanks to him for defending our right to do whatever the heck we feel like doing, whenever we want to.
KG

Thanks Kailuageoff

Its a hard job. Not only for him but the family too. But, he loves what he dose. If he is happy, I'm happy. I'll let him know you said thanks.

Blessings
Pentaclegoddess

Hey Ben,
I feel your pain. I've been there one or two times myself. The condition you're experiencing is called "malaise", which Webster's unabridged dictionary describes as "vague or unfocused feeling of mental uneasiness & lethargy". If this condition continues I suggest you head on down to San Diego & we drink suffering bastards until the feeling subsides.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-08-09 03:25 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies