Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Shag print out now! (no tiki content)

Pages: 1 6 replies

K
Kanaka posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2003 2:44 PM

For any Shag fans out there, The Missing Suitors is now for sale at http://www.shagmart.com. There is no tiki content in this one but thought I'd share the info for anyone interested.

[ Edited by: Scotty on 2003-08-05 14:48 ]

Thanks! I noticed they finally have specials up on shorts and shirts too. The "Blue Flora" is my favorite.

No tiki content per se, but head shrinking is definitely kissing kinfolk of tiki.

After being less than impressed with some of Piet and Josh's recent choices for serigraph releases (not one but two Satyr releases for 2003!?), I picked this one up because it is more than a nice mod chick pic. Once the viewer sees what the gal is holding, a reexamination of the whole scene is in order.

C

My print will be hung on the wall facing the front door as a subtle warning to all who enter my life with romantic intentions.

K
Kanaka posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2003 1:14 PM

ooooh, watch your heads boys!

J

The Shag homage to Manet's Le Déjeuner sur l'Herbe was the first Shag print I've bought in 2 years - I have always loved the Manet original and actually made a trip to the Orsee Museum in Paris with the express mission of seeing Déjeuner sur l'Herbe in person. I also went to the Shag "People in the City" show in NY and saw his original version of "Luncheon in the Grass"! The lack of tiki in this particular print was of no concern to me...

[ Edited by: Johntiki on 2003-08-06 16:56 ]

T

and it's still available! WOW, it didn't sell out in 3 hours such as some of the past prints. Maybe it's because Shag's cranking out 1 new print a month and not everyone can afford a $200 price tag? Neat mod print though.

Pages: 1 6 replies