Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Alfred Shaheen by Reyn Spooner

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

Hadn't heard anything about these when I ran across them at a Nordstrom recently. The store didn't have the full line, but you can find them all on the Reyn Spooner site. They describe them as "reinterpretations of Alfred Shaheen’s fabulous original textile designs developed in the 1950s and 1960s."

There are four different styles of men's shirts, each pattern in a few different colorways, as well as a women's dress (?) and shorts (?), and two sizes of tote bag.

They are good quality Reyn Spooner materials and construction, though not inexpensive: $65-$98.

https://www.reynspooner.com/category/alfred-shaheen/

Myth of Maui

Personal Paradise

Likao

Sadly the Reyn Spooner shirts have none of the characteristics that make vintage aloha wear desirable.

Robtikiti, nice post. Along the lines of what Adam said, those are (to me) very updated shirt designs which are very likely to appeal to Nordstrom's customers today. Maybe some of those will show up at a discounted price at my local Nordstrom's Rack. Also, I'd like to suggest adding the word "shirts" to the thread title, for benefit of those doing Google and Tiki Central thread title searches in the future.

NO, yes & yes! in that order of posts.

UT

I find almost all of my aloha couture at only the finest thrift stores in town.

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2015-10-05 13:12 ]

Those shirts are a bummer. A company that I worked for did a collaboration with Pendleton a few years back. Same thing happened. The designers in charge picked the most horrible plaids from the Pendleton archives... The colab failed. I don't know why so many designers have such bad taste.

bump

Pages: 1 6 replies