Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

HEROIN

Pages: 1 21 replies

FYI to all: this site gets indexed by Google, and your replies go out to hundreds of people's email boxes, and I have no control over any of that, so DONT POST ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT USED AGAINST YOU someday.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-08-05 18:04 ]

C

I hear it's like an instant triple Mai Tai floatin' on raft down a river. Is that true?

Maybe the river Styx. To my limited understanding, I hear it is the trip back up the river that sucks. That is if you make it back up river. I have lost way to many friends to that garbage. My suggestion is to stay far far away from that crap!

I would rather Tinkel touch than stick poison in my veins.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-08-05 19:57 ]

B

After having my Father die of an overdose, and a Mother who was a "Guest of the State" for 2 years for dealing, my answer would be NO.
I'm sure you were merely "Acting a'fool", but I don't see the humor in it.

Stay far, far, far away. That goes for the nose and the arm. Bad news. Stick with the triple Mai Tai.

M

Or mix it with cocaine for a speed-ball. Better high, longer lasting. Of course you might end up dead like this violin prodigy.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/1060084984325390.xml

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2003-08-05 20:28 ]

M

Very uncool...

On 2003-08-05 20:27, mrtikibar wrote:
Or mix it with cocaine for a speed-ball. Better high, longer lasting. Of course you might end up dead like this violin prodigy.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/1060084984325390.xml

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2003-08-05 20:28 ]

...Or John Belushi, or Dee Dee Ramone, or Brad Nowell, or Shannon Hoon, or Laura Carter, or Layne Staley, or Jonathan Melvoin, or Frankie Lymon, or Tim Buckley, or Miko, or Janis Joplin, or Jimi Hendrix, or Jean Michel Basquiat, or Hillel Slovak, or Andrew Wood, or Kirsten Phaff, or Tim Harden, or.....

S

Jerry Garcia, Shannon Hoon, Sid Vicious, River Phoenix,

http://lodinews.com/heroin/docs/09_h_celebs_20021123.shtml

I forgot Will Shatter from Flipper.

T

I am SORRY but
ARTY,
What the fuck is up with this post???
Is this a new college attraction?
Are we wanting to entice people to try it?
Floating down the river sounds nice.
But what about when you wake up behind a dumpster with pee and poo in your pants and all you can think about is WHEN CAN I DO IT AGAIN.
Arty, please clarify your intensions?????

S

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-12-05 19:21 ]

T

On 2003-08-06 09:04, stentiki wrote:
All apologies to anyone who may be offended by this post.

I got caught up in the biography of Kurt Cobain (Heavier Than Heaven) yesterday and after a couple of mai tais...well you know the rest.

I wasn't offended, but I find it surprising that a book about a musician who died tragically young from drug abuse made you consider trying Heroin.

K

as a medical student I have been taught two fascinating facts about heroin:

1. It is without a doubt the safest hardcore drug. You can literally be strung out on heroin, addicted to it for years, lose everything, be living on the street, finally come in for treatment 10 years later and all your organs are healthy and happy - including your brain (unfortunately, alcohol does much more damage to your brain. Damnit!). And you're really thin.

2. It is without a doubt the most addictive street drug. You're very likely to become uncontrollably addicted with your first one or three tries. And then you loose everything and end up on the street for 10 years.

http://deus.org

[ Edited by: kahukini on 2003-08-06 13:21 ]

T

You'll be healthy ONLY if you haven't managed to contract HIV or Hepatitis though sharing needles.

Or any number of STD's due to the people you screw in order to get more smack.

So, maybe not so healthy, eh?

K

it is provocative to say that heroin is "healthy," but outside of the addiction and what that will do to you, medically speaking, it is. Just a fascinating fact. Not something you would counsel a patient with.

[ Edited by: kahukini on 2003-08-06 14:21 ]

T

It Is indeed an interesting fact. But like any fact taken outside it's context, it can be very misleading to the wrong people.

Kind of like those 'Hitler was a genius' quippers, or the 'You only use 10 percent of your brain' folks.

(actually, the 10 percent thing ain't true, and I have my doubts about ol' Adolf as well).

K

speaking of hitler, my wife (a history phd student) has been teaching the verbal section of the mcat this summer for a test prep company called Kaplan. students pay them to take this course so they can do better on the test. the mcat is a test you take to get into medical school. anyway, one of the exercises is to write an essay both defending and disagreeing with the statement "great leaders are made, not born." and use examples.
A disturbingly large proportion of people use horrendously bad examples of "great leaders," and hitler is the most popular of those. You "know" they they don't mean hitler was "great" but reading some of these essays makes you wonder sometimes...

http://deus.org

TK

I have never, and will never do it, but oddly enough I have six friends who "did it on occassion". (as they liked to pretend) Three are now dead (OD'd) and one has cut all previous contacts as part of her rehab, and the fifth is usually a street person because he can't keep a job, and steals your stuff if you let him stay at your house. the fifth is the sweetest girl you could know (now that she is not strung out) but she has terrible breath. That is because she dosen't take care of her dentures. She's only 30, but all her teeth rotted out during her time on the stuff. Oh the Glamor!

Man Tiki King, I know being a Uke Star means running with a fast crowd, but I had no idea.

It is the ultimate cliché drug, as in everybody I knew who took it said "I'll never get addicted" and now they are worthless junkie scum!

E

I have two friends who are former addicts, and it f****d their lives up beyond repair. The only reason they did it is because they were young, stupid, depressed, and self-destructive. I live in a city with 60,000 addicts, and I am amazed it has reared its ugly head here in TC. Gag.

emspace.

S

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-12-05 19:21 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies