Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Real tropical drinks by Robin at Club Mallard - Thursdays starting 8/7

Pages: 1 3 replies

T
thejab posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2003 7:01 PM

Feel like an authentic tropical drink but live too far from the Tiki Ti? Don't want to stay home with your Grog Log? Don your aloha shirt and come on down to Club Mallard in Albany, CA on Thursday night!

Robin has assembled (with a little help from yours truly) a short menu of her favorite tropical concoctions. Every drink is made with care from the original recipes with fine rums (Lemon Hart, St. James, Appleton, Cruzan, and others), fresh squeezed juices, fresh pineapple, and mint. The prices are only $6-8 and for an additional charge you can have your drink in a mug from Tiki Farm which you can take home with you!

Robin has been bartending at the Mallard for 8 years and has been trying classic recipes from the Grog Log and old cocktail guides for years so she knows her stuff. I know, because we've made many drinks together!

Some tips: Club Mallard can get very busy on Thursdays so please bring your patience. You may want to come early (7-9) as it may be less crowded. Robin is the only bartender making the original tropical drinks at the bar. She will be serving these drinks every Thursday starting on August 7 except on August 21 and 28 and September 4 (as she will be on vacation).

While there check out the Tiki patio and have a smoke by the light of the romantic tiki torches. I hope to see you there! I'll be the one drinking the Test Pilot.

For directions and info:
http://www.clubmallard.com/

If you haven't been there in a while, they did some decorating work that didn't wreck the historic bar feel of the place. They removed the 1960s fake wood paneling and uncovered part of the old (1940s?) wildlife mural that had been covered for years. And they added rock and log details to the walls that makes it look more like a lodge (which was the original intent back in the 1940s).

This is great news! I know where I'll be Thursday nights this Autumn. Thank you, Thejab and Robin for bringing high-brow tippling to the area. Will we see Knockout Punch on the menu?

-Weird Uncle Tiki

T
thejab posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2003 7:51 PM

*On 2003-08-05 19:31, weirduncletiki wrote:*Will we see Knockout Punch on the menu?

No, but one of the drinks (the Polynesian Princess) is Robin's own invention.

M

Robin was making great drinks last night- mmm good! And you can't beat a Tiki Farm Mug for only $5!

More people next week!

Pages: 1 3 replies