Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

"Official" No. Cal International Tiki Day Party at The Foggy Grotto Aug 9th! *UPDATE!*

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

Due to OVERWHELMING POPULAR DEMAND (or at least enough semi-interested emails)...

International Tiki Day will be celebrated at the "Internet-Famous" Foggy Grotto!!

Located in the authentically foggy Richmond District of San Francisco, the Foggy Grotto has hosted many "Internet-Famous" celebrities in the four years it's been open. Among the many luminaries to imbibe: IukaGrogg, PolyPop, The Jab, SugarCaddyDaddy, aquarj, Tiki Vixen, Tiki Hula, Hula Hula, Floratina, Trader Pup, Mr. Smiley, Cynner, Mig, Tiki Mama, and most recently Formikahini. The list goes on and on! There are even reports that the elusive Hanford Lemoore has been known to drink at the Grotto. Find out what these folks have known for years: The Foggy Grotto is the place to be!! You might even find yourself rubbing elbows and sharing a drink with any one of these "Internet-Famous" superstars!*

The Foggy Grotto now features newly installed mug display shelves, a Witco coffee table, even more rums and liqueurs, more decorations, and a fabulous new tiki. Come see for yourself!

In the spirit of Tiki Community on this very special day, the event will be a semi-potluck!

We've been through the bar and we're in good shape, so all we're looking for are some munchies. Cindy is bringing her famous beer 'n' Velveeta dip (Don't knock it til you've tried it!) and some Kahiki PuPus. Anything else is fair game! Be creative!

This is THE ONLY Official Northern California Tiki Day Celebration! So come on down!

(FYI- dangergirl299 was forced to cancel her party as she is selling and having an open house. Mucho gracias to her for stepping up to the plate when there was no hope.)

First Annual Tiki Day Celebration
Saturday, August 9th, 2003 from 9:00 to ???
The Foggy Grotto
447 Seventh Ave #2
(between Geary and Anza)
San Francisco

Watch this space for more details!

PLEASE RSVP by posting to this thread so we can get a rough headcount.

Hope to see everyone this Saturday!!

*No guarantee is implied of actual celebrity appearance. Your experience at The Foggy Grotto may vary. See full list of terms and conditions. Void where prohibited.

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-08-06 23:42 ]

M

PS- Plus my landlord painted the bathroom today, so it's not skanky anymore! Reason enough!

Would that be 9 am?

Forget Baxdog's, I'm going here! I can party with these SoCalers any time. With all the celebery sightings, how can I go wrong. I'm booking a flight.

Martiki6, you are going to have to add Johnnie and Lady Velour to the list.

Wait a minute, you want us to bring boose? I can't commit to that. Im going to Bax's.

F

Am I the only Hoiti omitted from the list? (sniff)

M

9pm, JT. C'mon man. This isn't brunch. Although there's nothing wrong with drinking in the morning.

Hey Johnnie- I still got 47 different kinds of rum here. You won't go thirsty. If you and the Lady want to come up, we'd love to have your beautiful selves.

Darling Floratina- no slight intended! Just can't remember all the celebrity starpower that has visited the Grotto. You're welcome back anytime! (list edited)

T

Great to see our bruddahs and sistahs up North makeing International Tiki Day happen.

We need to somehow link a site up so we can 'toast in tiki' (TIT) at exactly 9:00 pm together!

Maybe Floratina can send 'em instant party pics with her camera phone! (That's assuming her Hoiti Toiti-ness momentarily dissipates, and she forgives Martiki6 for excluding her from the Foggy Grotto celebrity list!)

:tiki:

T

Very cool!!

I'll be there and I'll bring lots of copies of the Trader Vic's Buffalo Story CD as a party favor for everyone who shows up! We can have a listening party!

....and I'll bring the World's Largest Hurricane glass and World's Largest Daquiri/Margarita glass!! (found 'em last night) They'll make great communal drink bowls.

....and one more surprise to be revealed later.... :D

Thanks to the Martikis for hosting!!

M

Turnout's looking good (at least verbally), lots of goodies from Mike (thanks Mike!), scads of booze. What more could you want?

Bump!

Come on down!

Bump Bump! Make sure you com in a timely fashion as there are more surprises planned!

Call me on the cell if you need more directions 4159997929

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-08-08 16:30 ]

M

Do the bump!

T
thejab posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 3:43 PM

See you all there! Oh, except for mrsmiley who is too hoity-toity to stay in the Bay Area on International Tiki Day so he's going to So Cal! :wink:

T

Gretchen & I had a fabulous Int'l Tiki Day. Thanks so much to Martin & Rebecca for opening up the Grotto to all of us. Martin, your mixing skills are fast becoming the stuff of legend.

Polynesian potion packs a punch under the puffer.

The Master and his craft.

Ever see anything prettier?

The Jab takes a pull...mmmm

Consulting the Good Book for tiki trivia.

Dean is the big winner (knowitall!)

The gang in the Grotto - minus photographer.

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-08-11 13:17 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-08-11 13:20 ]

T

Oops, can't find the page with correct photo posting info - where'd it go?

Pages: 1 13 replies