Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar Rankings and Ratings in Media

Pages: 1 5 replies

To avoid the need to open a new thread for every bar ranking article, or for every "Top XX" list which is published, (and they have become much more frequent these days) I am hoping that this thread provides a single place to report these.

The criteria for posting an article here is that the article must mention tiki, an aspect of tiki, or at least one tiki bar. Anything which doesn't meet one of those criteria should not be posted on Tiki Central but on some other non-tiki-centric forum.

The links will eventually expire, but we will be able to preserve our thoughts, comments, photos, etc. in one place.

To get us started, here is my submission:

This is a web report which was featured on the MSN home page today. It is credited to Whitney Filloon from "Eater" on 10/15/2015. Her source is "an industry news magazine" - "Drinks International."

These Are the World's 50 Best Bars, According to 'Drinks International'
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/cocktails/these-are-the-worlds-50-best-bars-according-to-drinks-international/ss-AAfr8iL

The article begins very nicely by summarizing the US bars which made the list, and you'll see some tiki is definitely represented. The bold emphasis is my own.

Fourteen of them are in the U.S.

Here's the just-released annual list of the World's 50 Best Bars, as decided by industry news magazine Drinks International.

For the fourth year in a row, London's Artesian nabbed the top spot. Located at the swanky Langham hotel in the West End, Artesian is run by Alex Kratena and Simone Caporale and serves a different themed menu each year; 2015's theme is "Surrealism."

America's ongoing craft cocktail boom is well represented, with 14 bars on the list — more than any other country. Eight of them are in New York: They include Dead Rabbit at No. 2, Employees Only at No. 4, and, further down the list, Attaboy (11), Maison Premiere (23), Elephant Bar (24), Nomad Bar (36), PDT (37), and Mace (38). San Francisco has three bars on the list: tiki bar Smuggler's Cove (31), Trick Dog (40), and Tommy's (47). The only other American cities represented are Miami, with The Broken Shaker (14), and Chicago, with Aviary (29).

Behold, the full ranked list:

And then you can go through the usual click-fest to see each bar's photo, a description, and read all the ads in the margins.

Cheers!

Remember that some of these bars have published MANY of their recipes in books. PDT is one example in the list above. While bars and restaurants may come and go, publishing books with food and drink recipes offer a way to preserve what they have crafted for future cocktailians, mixologists, and foodies.

Edited to change thread title.

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2015-10-26 13:21 ]

Might be a good idea to add Tiki bar to your thread title
this way it will pop up on the world wide web for all to see and may
bring some to TC.

Done, thanks Skip! I wrestled with that a bit when I first wrote the post.

Or you can use this already established thread for the very same subject matter
which has been in play now for a awhile...... :D

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48067&forum=1

Dang, ATP, you're right! I searched the site for "ratings" and "reviews" but not "articles." My fault.

I'll let the moderator(s) decide how to handle this. I know I'm not the first one to have done this.

H

Unfortunately merging topics is not a capability built into TC. So here's what we'll do..

I'll modify the name of the other topic by adding the keywords "rankings" and "ratings".

AceExplorer, you should copy the info from your first post in this thread and post it in the other thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48067&forum=1

Lastly, I'll lock this topic.

Pages: 1 5 replies