Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

CHOICE of new extra large Tiki Ti mugs in ebay auction

Pages: 1 6 replies

JJ

I picked up a couple of extra Cobra's Fang mugs from Tiki Ti, celebrating their 54th anniversary.

Who ever wins the auction gets their choice of finishes from the two photographed.

Both are signed by Danny Tiki Diablo, the designer and manufacturer of these limited edition special THIRTY SIX OUNCE MUGS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiki-Ti-54th-Anniversary-Mug-SIGNED-byDanny-Tiki-Diablo-In-YOUR-CHOICE-OF-COLORS-/371474953974?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Thanks for looking.

JJ

The Tiki Ti has sold out all available 54th anniversary mugs, but I secured three of them and had Mike Buhen Sr. sign and date all of them them with Mike Jr. also signing one. Available is YOUR CHOICE of three mugs, 2 in brown and one in the more red shading.

The winner of the auction will have the right to choose which is their favorite from the auction, and an option to buy one or two more at the winning price. If the winner doesn't want more than one, I'll offer it to the underbidder.

The AVERAGE these mugs have sold for on ebay is 170.00, and these are perfect condition, custom hand made by our talented friend Danny Gallardo, Tiki Diablo.

These are tall beauties, holding 36 ounces of your favorite beverage, yet having a wonderful Cobra skin finish handle for good grip.

Good luck and thanks for looking!

Jah Jim a.k.a. Rasta Jim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiki-Ti-54th-Anniversary-Mugs-SIGNED-by-Mike-Buhen-Sr-SOLD-OUT-LTD-YOUR-CHOICE-/371482886997?roken=cUgayN

JJ

I just posted MUCH better photos of the new (and sold out) Tiki Ti Cobra's Fang mugs available on the ebay auction, allowing anyone who hasn't seen the mug to see the two finishes, one with more brown, one with more red.

Here is one of them.

Thanks for looking!

Jah Jim

JJ

I secured two more of the SOLD OUT 54th anniversary mugs from the Tiki Ti and had Mike Sr. sign both, Mike Jr. signed one. 36 ounce capacity, giant cobra wrapped around it, a great job by Danny Tiki Diablo Gallardo. The AVERAGE price these have sold for is 185. 3 days to go so good luck Thanks for looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371489554990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

[ Edited by: Jah Jim 2015-11-22 11:00 ]

in the $170-180 mark? Ouch, that's some mark up from the $75 price tag.

It's like those auctions for the 15th anniversary tiki farm stuff sold at Wackos. Folks paid $50 and are trying to flip them for 3x that. Even though a slightly different glaze are now for sale on the website for so much cheaper.

Is the Tiki Ti getting a piece of that profit on top of the retail you paid? Regardless of what the "going rate" is, seems like it's less of a favor to those who couldn't make it and more of a benefit to your wallet.

I'm sure the argument will be "Well, they sold for $200", but fail to mention that in an auction, back on Oct 24th, it went for only $124. So the average is all over the place and your own previous auctions shouldn't be justification for such high rate scalping.

But hey, I'm sure someone will buy it.

S

On 2015-11-22 14:41, tikijackskeleton wrote:
Regardless of what the "going rate" is, seems like it's less of a favor to those who couldn't make it and more of a benefit to your wallet.

Just like every other flipper.

Indeed, there is a "Christmas" paint/glaze of this mug coming out in the next month or so that will be a bit more red than that orange-ish one. So by no means is this the end of the run on these.

In fact, if anyone wants one of those AT COST + Shipping, I'll be more than glad to pick it up for whomever wants it when it's on sale. Just PM me to open lines of communication.

The flippers are what give collecting a bad name.

Pages: 1 6 replies