Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

6' tiki sculpture - anyone know what this is?

Pages: 1 11 replies

S

anyone know anything about this - going to be in an estate sale tomorrow and I'm thinking I may go try to pick it up

[ Edited by: stevekh 2015-11-03 17:46 ]

Buddha/ tiki hybrid?

Ya, not Tiki.

T

I don't know, I wouldn't say its not tiki. I personally think its BAD tiki, but it's obviously trying to BE tiki.

After posting it occurred to me, that by "not tiki" you might've meant not of the subculture, which I think is a fair assessment.

[ Edited by: Teadoir 2015-11-03 22:48 ]

H

teletubbies...ninja turtle....jack nicholson ????? but if the price is right, that will make it look better !!!

T

This thing reared it's head almost exactly nine years ago. Here's all the info::

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21678&forum=1&start=0

Shouldn't he be holding something?

S

thanks everyone for the input - that's why these forums exist - i went to check it out with the old forum posts in mind, plus if they had this, they may have some mugs or good mid century barware - nada!!! they were asking $3,000 for the statue as well - i sent them a PM letting them know that it wasn't MCM and exactly what it was, but don't see them dropping the price to actual worth

thanks again everyone

Steve

On 2015-11-04 08:01, SilverLine wrote:
Shouldn't he be holding something?

I have come to believe that many members here are warped. :>)

8T

Hey, I think I carved that for SilverLine. He's called "Porktiki"

On 2015-11-05 19:56, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Hey, I think I carved that for SilverLine. He's called "Porktiki"

Rest my case.

Did someone say Bacon!

Pages: 1 11 replies