Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Nasco Tiki Ice Bucket

Pages: 1 1 replies

R

Hi! This is my first-ever Tiki Central post- I love estate sales, and bought a ceramic Tiki ice bucket this weekend- it is lined with plastic, and the knob on top is plastic, but the rest is ceramic. The sticker on the bottom says "Nasco Stoneware Japan." I thought, 'oh, I can google that when I get it home...' but all I find are ebay and etsy listings, no actual history of Nasco, nor info on this spiffy Tiki bucket. It's a gift for my brother (he collects them, and he is probably on here already), and I wanted to be able to give him some info on it. It is in such good shape, I thought it was new! But in the context of the house where I bought it, which looked like they never bought anything new after 1965, it has to be mid-century. It came with a small Tiki mug that is unmarked and has green rhinestone eyes. If anyone has any suggestions on how to find more info on my new Tikis, I sure would appreciate it! Now I just have to figure out how to package 'em up for shipping halfway across the US; Merry Early Christmas to my brother! I am tickled to find Tiki Bucket, and his little brother, Tiki Mug, and am delighted to give my estate sale-ing a mission, because otherwise I just come home with more vintage hats, scarves, and hang-bags, and get the stink-eye from my husband. Here's my guy (sorry I am not a talented photographer):
and the mug:

S

Are you sure it doesn't say NAPCO (National Potteries Corporation) and sorry, but that ice bucket is not Tiki.

Pages: 1 1 replies