Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Kiss My Wet Okole

Pages: 1 12 replies

B

[ Edited by: badmojo 2007-03-01 11:01 ]

K
Kanaka posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2003 7:57 AM

I just ordered another set for my Jeep Wrangler. My last set faded and deteriorated due to my lack of UV protection and almost constant exposure to the elements. I added custom tiki graphics and full euro piping to this set. Will post pictures when they arrive.

Scotty

T

How odd, once again an item designed pretty much for surfers makes it into the nation-wide fashion scene.

For those that don't know, okole is Hawaiian for butt. These were desigend for surfers getting out of the water and into their vehicles while still wet.

Badmojo, are you one of those guys with like a Honda Civic that's dropped, full of decals, some lame-ass exhaust system, a bunch of instruments mounted all over the dash, and darts in and out of traffic like they're really in an actual sports car such as Porshe?

I do my best to bring those boys to a screaching halt by blocking 'em with my truck. It's great fun!

B

On 2003-08-07 09:22, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Badmojo, are you one of those guys with like a Honda Civic that's dropped, full of decals, some lame-ass exhaust system, a bunch of instruments mounted all over the dash, and darts in and out of traffic like they're really in an actual sports car such as Porshe?

I do my best to bring those boys to a screaching halt by blocking 'em with my truck. It's great fun!

No Bong, I'm not one off those guys! I Hate those little punks as much as you. Maybe even more because when they see me they Rev on me and try to race. No lame fart can Muffler, not lowered, no stickers of brand names not even in the car, and no Giant Tachs or guages. Just my 2002 Focus ZX3, with nice custom rims, tint, and subtle spoiler. But it's the interior I'm proudest of. Never really understood the need to supe up a daily driver to the point of it being illegal, just to head to the supermarket or get to work. Here's my Fav exterior pic.

The Ford Focus is a sharp looking little ride. I like the European look the American car makers are giving their vehicles now.

I'd have to say that current U.S. make car design is lacking. The designs get dated way too fast, although we can design trucks . And yes I know that socal has many design firms .

B

Good Call Bong, The Focus IS European. They had them over there years before we did. But it sucks because of US regs, our version has to have a 10 MPH crash resistant rear bumper, opposed to Euros 5 MPH. So instead of the sleek euro lines, the US version has J-Lo Booty for a rear bumper.
I took all the Ford and Model badges off, so I end up being questioned all the time about what kind of car it is. Usually "What kinda car is that?" Ford Focus...."Really? I had no idea it was a domestic!" Well, actually, it's a European Car, and it's made in Mexico...I think most people just think I'm full of shit..l

T

We have that same Ford Focus too!
It's the best looking US car out there, if you ask me. Cause it doesn't look american...

B

Hey Tikifish, here's one just for you!

T

Now if you could only drive that apple around, that would be cool!

T

Is that what all the kids do these days? Drive around with giant food on top of their cars?

Reminds me of my youth when I worked delivery for Crispy Cluckers Fried Chicken House, and drove around the chick-mobile..... ah, memories.....

M

On 2003-08-08 09:20, Traderpup wrote:
Is that what all the kids do these days? Drive around with giant food on top of their cars?

Reminds me of my youth when I worked delivery for Crispy Cluckers Fried Chicken House, and drove around the chick-mobile..... ah, memories.....

\

I was wondering the same thing. Where is the land of giant food?

B

You're right, it just occured to me that all my car pics include road side attractions. The Big Apple is off the 401 just outside of Toronto. Talk about wierd, theres like 200 wild rabbits running around the place! The hot dog stand is somewhere in upstate NY, also on the way to Toronto, right near this place. What a great Store Name!

Pages: 1 12 replies