Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day -- Chicago

Pages: 1 6 replies

K

Clearly last minute planning, but any Chicagohana interested in raising a glass to this grand tiki holiday should drop by Hala Kahiki Saturday night from 6pm onward. Come find us out on the patio, weather permitting, or just look for the big group already huddled in one of the dark corners. Not sure that's us? Just ask for "Dave." That should cover about 90% of us...

D
Dawn32 posted on Fri, Aug 8, 2003 8:42 AM

Sounds good to me. How will I know where you guys will be sitting?

T

Kongtiki,

It's great you organized a gathering in the Country's mid-section. Now we have happenings on the left and right coast, and the center!

Have Fun.

K

Yessir! I'm not sure if that qualifies Tiki Day for consideration as an officially recognized holiday, but we here in America's fleshy middle are happy to do our part for the cause.

And who knows? Depending on your new governor, maybe Tiki Central can petition the govt for all sorts of wonderful things, including official holiday status...

[ Edited by: kongtiki on 2003-08-08 10:12 ]

Even if we elected one of the stone Moai on Easter Island, it would do a better job than the current occupant of the Govenor's office.

(This statement is completely void of any political leanings one way or the other. Besides, I'm either a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican. This reminds me of a joke, Do you know why the voter crossed the road? To get to the middle! (hey, this one was quite a knee-slapper in my Poly Sci class(except the prof told me to shut up (like that's a small wonder)))).

[i]I'm not sure if that qualifies Tiki Day for consideration as an officially recognized holiday, but we here in America's fleshy middle are happy to do our part for the cause.

And now with the impromptu gathering at my house in the out-jut bottom of Texas, we'll cover the low-hanging appendage body parts of America.

Oops.

crap! i was outta town, woulda been there in a heartbeat.
-d

Pages: 1 6 replies