Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hau'oli la tiki - International Tiki Day

Pages: 1 6 replies

I know this thread isn't exactly an 'event', but the word for this weekend's International Tiki Day is Hau'oli la tiki. Which means loosly 'happy tiki day'.

Phonic pronouncement "how olee la tiki'

Now, go forth with your new phrase and annoy all your non-tiki friends...

M

Bongo- Can we decide on an official toast time for Saturday night?

Is anyone planning to toast overseas? How about the east coast?

T

On 2003-08-08 12:21, martiki6 wrote:
Bongo- Can we decide on an official toast time for Saturday night?

Is anyone planning to toast overseas? How about the east coast?

Good Point Martiki6,

I was thinking about a toast at 8:00 pm West coast time (is that Pacific time, because Hawaii is in the Pacific and they're 3 hours behind us (?)).

So, let me see... if we toast here on the West coast at 8:00 pm, that means those on the East coast, would have to toast, ah... um... yesterday at noon or something.

We can fit it into our set somewhere between songs.

M

8:00 is OK with me, though there won't be anyone at my place yet. So we could move it to around nine or everyone can just fend for themselves at 8. Wherever you are- on the street, in a bus, in a cab, at your house - just not driving - hoist one!

Special Agents Poly Pop and Martiki have worked out a special arrangement that should allow a simultaneous toast celebration on Int'l Tiki Day.

But we're trying to keep it a surprise --

Make sure you make it to either No Cal/So Cal party by 9pm to attend the special toast! Don't miss it!

Thank you Tiki Bong for making this whole thing happen. I can't wait to wish complete strangers "Hau'oli la tiki" and spread the joy of tiki.

Pages: 1 6 replies