Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New Tiki Book to Debut at Exotica 2003

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

Aloha everyone!

We are thrilled to announce the debut of the new book Tiki Quest.

It will be unveiled at Cocktails at the Kona Kai during Exotica 2003 on Friday, August 22. After the Exotica weekend it will be available directly at http://www.pegboardchicago.com/TCintro.html and soon after through Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, independent booksellers, and select retro-culture stores. Tiki Central members will receive a special discount off the cover price when they order directly through the pegboardchicago website.

"Tiki Quest—Collecting the Exotic Past" showcases some of the major areas of collecting for Tiki fanatics, including vintage mugs (of every style), Coco Joe's, postcards, swizzle sticks, matchbooks, restaurantware, and the wide range of accessories that are made in the likeness of Tiki. With nearly 200 pages in full color and over 1000 photographs, it's chock-full of Tiki excitement.

Though we could hardly contain ourselves, we waited until now to announce the book because we were superstitious about jinxing it, plus we thought it would make a nice surprise at, and hopefully a fun addition to, the Kona Kai event.

We posted the same announcement in the Main Discussion forum for those who are not watching this board for updates on Exotica 2003. Exotica is really shaping up to be a great weekend with all the Tiki that Chicago has to offer and all the fine folks who are coming out to join us. We can hardly wait!

-Duke and Amy

[ Edited by: boutiki on 2003-08-26 14:36 ]

Looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to getting ahold of that book.

Wow Duke, this sounds great! Finally, some more good educational knowledge for Tiki collectors! Can't wait to get mine at the Kona Kai during E03. Hope I can get an autograph from you at some point over the weekend.
Ciao Baby!

Well it's good to see that Duke and Amy have finally decided to share their extensive collection with the rest of the Tiki world. Can't wait to see the book so I see all that I still need to catch up! Of course by that time you will have that much more and probably be working on the second book. It will help motivate me and the little missus to try and beat you guys to the local flea markets!

can hardly wait for the kona kai event, and to check out this book.....hopefully i can get some books signed by james,sven, and duke at this event especially since i can only attend the first 2 days of exotica due to band commitments(i.e. shows).......which is a total bummer, cuz i would have LOVED to have gotten to check out all the other events.....im so glad folks will get to see why chicago is a special place for tikiophiles......

Pages: 1 4 replies