Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day In Rhode Island

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey Everyone,

My plans to carve the zucchini fell through, we ate them all. But I celebrated alone in a spectacular way. That TV show Trading Spaces invaded my house. Nobody else did the Tiki thing but I wore a Tiki shirt and lapel pin. No way can they edit it out of the opening scenes. We are off to do the switch in a couple of hours and the next two days look to be an incredible amount of fun.

OMG! You HAVE to tell all about it, esPEcially when the airdate will be! But tell us all about it NOW! Change the heading (make a new topic) so people will all know what this is!

Very Cool! You'll have to plug Tiki Central in there somehow!!! Here's a link that references what you might experience in your home. Its a couple of years old though:

Trading Spaces Behind the Scenes Journal

Yeah...best of luck with that Trading Spaces crowd. Happened to my friends, too ("Fairview Avenue" episode.) Both couples felt it was at turns reaonably fun and the worst experience of their lives.

I'd be interested to hear if they still have the legion of behind-the-scenes carpenters doing all the work while that pretty boy chats it up with the neighborhood women...

Hey Now,

We survived the filming! An hour after my last posting we were put into full lock-down and allowed no outside access. It was a wild four days. Polly, thanks for the link to Blue Armadillo, it was very informative (but just the tip of the iceberg). I did put in plug for both Tiki Day and Tiki Central but I have a feeling that they will be cut. The main focus of the show is the children of the families. Kong, our on camera carpenter was Carter, off camera there are several assistants. There is no way that one person could make everything that was required during the two days of work. As for the legions of women, I think that it all has to do with the number of fans that show up. We had small numbers which allowed Carter to focus on the tasks at hand. He is very skilled and was sweating in the sun along with the rest of us.
Good looks? Yes. Figurehead? No

K

Happy to hear it went smoothly! Enjoy the new room!

Pages: 1 5 replies